Evergreen Mills as a usable town

kriont

I'm kind of surprised that noone has made this already, but it may be somewhat overambitious...

Basically, the Evergreen Mills Bazaar has all the trappings of a functional town (structurally, that is) - and as Smiling Jack shows, some Raiders are willing to cooperate. I'm thinking that a Very Evil Lone Wanderer who had managed to kill the Behemoth outside, and get past all the guards, would impress the Raiders within into letting the Wanderer join them.

At its base, a non-hostile Bazaar would need:

-Changing all the Raiders in the Evergreen Mills Bazaar to members of Smiling Jack's faction, or similar.

-If the mod allows all PCs to enter, that's all the place would need to start out with. However, in order to enforce entry requirements, you could add a door guard npc that talks to the Wanderer as soon as you enter, asking how the hell they got in there. Then you could have a bunch of possible responses:

*Very evil karma-dependent response: guard realizes he's heard of you, backs off, lets you in

*Killed the behemoth: threaten guard based on that; he's impressed, lets you in.

*Maybe a ridiculously hard speech check, or bribe

*If the Wanderer doesn't fulfill any of those, only option is to choose an angry response; the Bazaar faction becomes hostile.

These could be stacked, or others added, to make it easier or more difficult to get in, at the mod-maker's discretion. I personally think the PC should have to be very evil and/or killed the behemoth to get to a speech check to get entrance, but that's just me.

Then, to make it a more functional town:

-Barkeep at the bar

-Madam rents out rooms (and company?)

-Smiling Jack's dialog changed to reflect that other Raiders aren't attacking PC

-Other shopkeepers, possibly

-Most of the stuff lying around flagged as owned - this would be a huge pain, I know!

And if that's not enough of a challenge, some ridiculously ambitious possibilities for future development:

-Named characters, dialog, possible companion?

-Player housing?

-Quests - raiding locations, etc.

-Bringing in slaves?

-It would make sense if the Raiders of Evergreen Mills OUTSIDE the bazaar don't respawn. Once you've befriended the ones inside, why have to fight your way back in? I'm not sure if this is easy to do or not, though.

I know this would be a huge undertaking, but I hope someone else out there was thinking of something like this. Let me know if this sounds good - and if it's feasible :)

Archived