4GB worth of texture mods, too much?

BuiltIIridE

Hi guys, I am currently considering downloading the following texture/graphical mods...

Apachii SkyHair Male v1.0 - 29MB

Finer Dust - 82KB

Towns & Villages Enhanced/

No More Blocky Faces - 12MB

Natural Eyes - 6MB

Skyrim HD Sunglare/ Rainbow Flares - 180KB

Skyrim HD2K - 1.3GB(FULL)/393MB(LITE

Serious HD Skyrim Retexture - 161MB(LITE)/586MB(FULL)

High Def Ivy - 4.1MB

SMIM - 239MB/29MB

Bellyaches Creature & Animal Pack - 180mb(Full)/73mb(lite)

Bellyaches HD Dragons - 119MB

Realistic Smoke & Embers - 15mb/4mb

AOF Farmhouses - 24mb

AOF Detailed Mountains - 15mb

Better Dynamic Snow - 5.1mb

Designs Of The Nords - 21mb

Intricate Spider Webs - 19mb/5.1mb

Re-Defined Dungeons WIP - 256mb

Trees HD Skyrim Variation - 29mb

Visible Windows - 39mb/14mb

Hectrol Caves Deluxe - 140mb/46mb

High Realistic Tundra Moss for AOF Mountains - 4mb

No Stretching - 35mb

2K Snow Road Footprints - 5.5mb/6.9mb

Nightingale Prime HD - 16.4mb

Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins - 10.8mb

Ruins Clutter Improved - 134mb

Supreme & Volumetric Fog - 423kb

DISTANT TERRAIN/LODS - 5.7mb

Better Females - 2.3mb

Deadly Spell Impacts - 35mb/9mb

Coverwomen - 10.5mb

Detailed Faces - 3.9mb/1.4mb

Book Of Silence - 187mb

Solstheim Landscape and Furniture - 68mb

Waves - 4mb

Windy Skyrim - 6kb

Xenius Character Enhancement - 60mb

Shooting Stars - 629kb

Rainbows - 6.4mb

Alternative snow - 9.0mb

Real Ice - 24mb

Can anyone tell me about these mods that might conflict with another? Has anyone got a texture list similar to this one, any information on the size of these texture mods in total or experience with lots and lots of texture mods would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the reply, I should have stated that I have tried the TPC out, certain trees ended up going mental, twisting, stretching turning and all that good stuff. I have the PC to run these mods, I guess I want to know if any of those would conflict with one another and if using too many textures can cause random CTD's. Appreciate the help

Hi! thanks for your list of texture mods u got installed. It helped me find some ones i want to get!

Texture "conflicts" between replacers actually just replace each other with the last installed version so there is no lasting conflict in the regular sense.

Mods that include plugins tho have references in them and those have conflict potential when you are activating the plugins together.

Separate your mods by that criteria to examine them more easily.

I was using a 7200 rpm on 6 gb/s sata my hard drive with my textures on it. maybe 3 gigs in the folder or something? but i had ctds so, I got more ram, 32 gigs of ram, installed imdisk: http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/

Its a foss ramdisk utility

I have the whole data folder, i think textures folder is a little over 7gb right now and there is lots of textures also in bsas but its like 24 gigs of data folder all loaded onto my ram and accessed by the game from there. it solved my texture related ctd issues.

ssd is another option, slower but probably fast enough. maybe it depends on mobo what option is more effective.

but either way you will want to have a good amount of frame buffer on ur gpu.

I have about 20 gigs of texture mods in one install and about 15 in another, and I have no issues, but I am using a pretty high end machine (not top of the line - but any higher end would just be a waste of money)

All in all my data folder is about 45 gigs.

I have 16 gigs of RAM, and I set iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=8000000000 (1=2, 4=8, 8=16, etc.) and this let my computer handle lots of textures with no lag at all.

Oddly I don't see many people making this suggestion, but it works wonders for the occasional slight lag you can't get around even for high end machines.

Probably because it seems not to be about vram

> "iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes" is the maximum bytes allocated to Skyrim in relation to RAM, with a maximum of 4294967295 bytes (4GB) as it is a 32bit application. I wouldn't set too much more than half of your available RAM to this."

As the source is from end 2011 it may differ today though. Nonethless it wont affect vram usage much or at all.