Dagi-Raht

RixIpos

I have a series of questions about this mod, I know the mod has not been updated in awhile but regardless this race mod is my favorite and I want to improve these Khajiit.

So 1st. The ear through the helmet glitch is a big problem for me. I will not always have my Necromancer cover his head with a hood but when I do, it would be nice to have my ears hidden. It is doubtful that this has a fix but why not ask and see.

2nd question. I can't remember what fur modification I used with the Dagi-Raht; ignoring me failing to remember I do know the fur sucked. This mod needs am awesome fur to give my favorite cats that.... soft fuzzy look. I can cruise through the thousands of mods for a good fur mod but I think u guys can just tell me and save me from spending a lot of time finding one.

3rd and final. Anything else regarding to the Khajiit or Dagi-Raht. Share information about some ideas u guys have for improving the Khajiit or your thoughts on mods that go well with the Khajiit.

The ear through the helmet is not a glitch, its intentional. If you had cat ears, you would not want them squished under your helmet, it would be painful as hell, and you wouldn't be able to hear anything. I can see where a hod makes more since, but short of making a hood that SPECIFICALLY hides them, I don't see a way around this without hiding there ears altogether when a helmet is equipped. If it bugs you that much, check out the difference bewteen them and khajiits, and see if you can track down anything about the ears, and try changing it.

I personally edited the HELL out of the dagi raht textures, but I can't reupload them because they are 'sexual' and the author apparently dislikes that kind of thing. Good options for beast races in skyrim are in very VERY short supply, and unless you want to make what you want yourself, you pretty much have to deal with what they give you.

If there is a better dagi raht texture, I wish I could find it. I would LOVE a fussy texture, but it seems everyone in skyrim likes that ugly 'bumpy road map' looking skin rather then actually attempting fur. I'd rather it just be smooth then look the way it does... I may try and fix it one day.

Photoshop CS2 is free to download off the adobe site, and Paint.NET is a free program that can edit and save .dds files, the two of them together can let you edit the textures as much as you want! ^_^

Well really the ears do not bug me a lot. This mod is realy nice and if the creator of this mod intentionally created the ears to pop from any helmet or hood then I will not look at that as a problem. Maybe I could even try to modify this mod to hide the ears when certain helmets are worn just because some helmets look better without the ears popping out of them. Realty when having a Hood on I like ears popping out but having a ebony helm with them out just looks a little off, u know what I mean? I will need to learn how to make meshes this great before I edit the Dagi Raht, I'm learning how to use 3ds Max right now so it is just a matter of time before I make a great mod like the Dagi Raht.

Also do u have any way of sharing your edited version of the dagi rant? I would like to see what u did with the texture. Maybe a picture?

Edited by RixIpos