Nifscope and blender.

ZippyDSMlee

Well there was a lot of functionality in the scripts, animation, materials, texturing, rigging, collisions etc. Some got broken along the line, lack of documentation, limitiations with blender scripting etc, the usual software project problems. From that standpoint the work I am doing at the moment is not about simply porting to blender 2.5+ and tacking on skyrim support but overhauling the entire project, an arduous task to say the least.

Well the exported nif will have the same transformations as it has in the blender scene, relative to the origin (0,0,0)

No duh, would have help'd if I dunno they did more to support mods, documentation and some code at least, would have been better if they skipped the editor BS and released a full yet unsupported SDK, least that way you could look at the code and see what will work or not. THe editor is a joke and a waste of time least in comparison to a SDK, and with an SDK the community can do bug support while you focus on DLC, I mean really are AAA devs that clueless?

New problem, nifscope says the drum is where I put it in blender, but when I fire up the game its hanging off the side, I am so confused 0_o

Odd now its not there...guess I was not updating the right file. LOL

Edited by ZippyDSMlee

No duh, would have help'd if I dunno they did more to support mods, documentation and some code at least, would have been better if they skipped the editor BS and released a full yet unsupported SDK, least that way you could look at the code and see what will work or not. THe editor is a joke and a waste of time least in comparison to a SDK, and with an SDK the community can do bug support while you focus on DLC, I mean really are AAA devs that clueless?

Eh actually I was on about the blender nifscripts and their general state when I started into the project..... the above is unlikely to happen for lots of reasons. I doubt they are clueless but they run are a buisness and exposing stuff like that involves alot of risk.

Eh actually I was on about the blender nifscripts and their general state when I started into the project..... the above is unlikely to happen for lots of reasons. I doubt they are clueless but they run are a buisness and exposing stuff like that involves a lot of risk.

I dunno make a nice lil EULA and GNU that makes it so they can reuse whatever mod is made, then let the community make the patches while they make the DLC and incorporate the patches into the DLC, it seems like it would be more efficient and money saving that anything else. Surely listing bugs is not as time and money consuming as fixing them?

Then again business is haphazard and very set in their ways its probably something they can not even begin to mentally process, tho it seems pretty win/win to me because we find up with a better semi official product with more features and they wind up doing less work thus spending less money.

I managed to put a shotgun drum on the sub-machine gun, gave it tweaked blowfly dart projectiles,BB gun firing sounds , and thus named it the Auto Needler. LOL

Need to toy around with the animation selection some so the reload and holding of it look half right.

I have acouple questions if you do not mind, and thanks again for all the help.

First off I think I broken sound importation when I installed bashed, I think anyway I can not import sounds, in fact using sounds extracted from the bsa dose not work either. And this is in the game and heck. I'm going to restore from my last good install in a bit but I was wondering WTH did I dun do to it LOL

Besides my mod that work from Moira Browns shop(equipment based mods) and a couple general mods (Inf HP to Hoss's group who keeps poping up every other time I rest and a global speed mod) I have FWE and DUI and that's it.

Oh ya I am looking for transformer tips, they look like the caps on glue bottles,Something Tesla/electrical looking I can cut and past to put on my EMP sub machine gun. Any clue as to where I can find something?

Again thanks for the help and good luck on your project!!!