Project Nevada not working?

Ragnazelle

so i got this new problem after i fixed my previous problem,IT JUST DOESN'T WORK for some reason. i already installed the core,extra options and anyting to make it work,but it didn't,tried the unified HUD but i think it didnt work,i don't have any compatibilities as far as i remember either,so i dont know what's going on,(side note: when i enter the game,it says that there's an error on installing PN because hud extensions is not detected,and i can't try PN's feature,and i read the instructions) sooo...lmao

Edited by Ragnazelle

PN hasn't been updated in ages and, when combined with some other mods which have been, requires more tweaking than usual. The following article has specific information overcoming this problem. You can definitely fix the situation.

"User Interface (UI)" problems indicate you have changed XML files. This is often caused by an "install order" problem with more than one mod replacing or editing the same XML file. Please see the wiki "HUD-UI-Menu issues" article. (This takes some interpretation as applies to your situation. There are too many permutations for an "if A then B" type of guide. If you haven't encountered XML files before then the "TL;DR" section is not going to help by itself.)

"Disabling" mods is not enough to restore things to "vanilla" if they overwrote any files. UI mods definitely do this, and can make "edits" to other existing XML files. You have to "verify local files" to restore the originals, and still may need to delete the "loose files" so those vanilla versions get used from the BSA files. Then correct the sequence in which you install those UI affecting mods. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' entry of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

-Dubious-

Generally, PN should be avoided like the plague.

As Dubious pointed, it hasn't been updated in years and was probably abandoned by the developer.

Here's a helpful list from Viva New Vegas of mods to replace PN's functions and add many others :

"Although it may seem counterproductive to install a bunch of small mods to replace one big mod, these alternatives are all more efficient and performance friendly. They are 100% safe to use, and actually work, unlike Project Nevada:

Core Module:

Dynamic Crosshair, Bullet Time, Sprint, and more: Just Assorted Mods
Grenade Hotkey: B42 Quickthrow or Quick Grenade Hotkey
Variable Zoom and Slower Backpedaling: lStewieAl's Tweaks (enable bAdjustableScopeZoom and bMovementPenalties in the INI)
Immersive Health Visuals: Custom Health and AP Visuals
Enhanced Vision: Enhanced Vision
Explosive Entry: Simple Explosive Entry
Immersive Primary Needs: Immersive Primary Needs
Inventory Sorter: Universal Item Sorter

Cyberware Module:

Complete re-creation - Cyberware 2281

Rebalance Module:

Better character progression and better combat: JSawyer
Item rarity changes: Unfound Loot
Lethal headshots: JIP LN NVSE (enable bLocalizedDTDR in the INI)
Alternate repairing system: Alternative Repairing
Miscellaneous gameplay changes: lStewieAl's Tweaks (enable bMovementPenalties, bNoKarmaMessages, and bRemoveSneakLabel in the INI)

Equipment Module:

Fallout 3 Weapons: Fallout 3 Weapons Restoration
Classic Fallout Weapons: WebbProductions2020's Mods (require manual conflict resolution)