Better cities Syrim edition

TWarrior

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elder scrolls wiki says, that slavery is forbidden under imperial law and only practised by the aldmeri dominion and the dark elves in morrowind.

for the school i think it could be an addition to the college of the bards. they could learn about history, ancient languages and culture

(in order for them to learn what the heck they are all singing about :D).

i am working on the market first because it is really boring! i will add a jewelry salesman. plus i think the existing shops send employes to smaller market

stalls where they sell a smaller sortiment. so for example the radiant rainment has a little stall right in front of the store where they sell normal clothes

(whereas the expensive clothes can only be bought inside). do you know what i want to say with that? :D

the new salesmen and workers need to live somewhere , right? so i will give the people some houses to live in. there are some areas in solitude empty

where i can place houses, plus it would make the city look more crowded. i am currently thinking about adding a second layer of houses.

castle dour and the smith and fletcher are already on a second level, so why not add more houses there. when enetring the city buildings seem to go way

higher and it would look more crowded!

imperial and rdguard embassy sound really nice! gonna work with those two then :)

i actually planned on redoing the main gate. skyrim is in a civil war and yet solitude is nearly defenseless! i will only cover the maingate and

interior of solitude though, because i want the mod to be compatible with outskirts mods :)

the better cities team is already working on whiterun, a new update is coming soon and i will cover that in my second developers blog on the mod page

itself :) for winterhold there is a really good mod out there!

enough talk now! :D thank you for the brainstorming! i know you want to see results, so i am going to start with the interiors first

as i think it is a good start for me to get around in the ck a little better :) i will use the modders ressource http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16525

for clutter and to spice up the interiors :)

i will keep this thread updated :)

TWarrior

working on v.1 improving interiors of existing shops.

radiant rainment finsihed!

ever wondered why in a clothier there was no cloths and rugs and not a mannequin to display the finest clothes, which the store has to offer?

this issue is now fixed :wink: 1 mannequin, rug piles + rugs + decoration improved (iron helmet in clothier? deleted!).

simple but the store now finally feels like a clothing shop!

now moving on to angelines aromatics (adding potions and ingredients to the shelves.

they sell a wide variety of both, yet their shelves are empty!).

Edited by TWarrior

How about adding something like a famous artist NPC? Aduri Sarethi, the sister of the Dunmer alchemist you meet during the crimson nirnroot quest, constantly asks her sister for permission to go to Solitude so she might find someone who can teach her how to become a good painter. The only artists we ever actually meet in Solitude are the bards from the college though. You could even turn it into a quest during which the player helps Aduri to find a willing teacher in Solitude and convinces her sister to let her go.

working on v.1 improving interiors of existing shops.

finished angelines aromatics. added some random alchemical clutter to the counter and put a shelve to the alchemy station

(area was pretty empty, shelve with alchemical reagents fixes that).

will continue with bits and pieces now.

a large fancy 'hotel' might be cool if the inn could be modified as such. imperial commerce/trade building? having the streets filled with buildings instead of having them spread out might give it a larger more populated feel, something like this: http://www.clos-saint-cadreuc.com/Images/Dinan.jpg it would also be nice to see a larger garrison of imperial troops, solitude never felt like it was the headquarters for fighting the rebellion. theres just not enough people or things to do in the capital of skyrim, its never felt anymore important than windhelm or markarth to me.

does anyone working on the better cities mod plan on doing anything to the outside of solitude?

Edited by toaky

Mhmm.... Better Whiterun and Better Winterhold look very nice! Didn't knew there is another one (and active!) beside 7Ks. I'm just downloading - can't wait to try it :biggrin:

Now some nice trivia about Solitude from Wikia :

- According to The Wolf Queen, Book 8, there was(?) a mages guild in Solitude by 3E 131

- Book 4 mentions a "Moon and Nausea" tavern. But that might better fit in the docks district.

Also there is a mod that adds a public bathhouse:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18811

I'd love to see a more citylike version of Solitude!

So if I understand it right your mod tries to add enterable house while "Real Cities-Solitude" is more about the the looks, adding placeholder buildings to change the vista?

Am I the only one that gets confused by all those city enhancement mods (especially whiterun) :confused:

a large fancy 'hotel' might be cool if the inn could be modified as such. imperial commerce/trade building? having the streets filled with buildings instead of having them spread out might give it a larger more populated feel, something like this: http://www.clos-saint-cadreuc.com/Images/Dinan.jpg it would also be nice to see a larger garrison of imperial troops, solitude never felt like it was the headquarters for fighting the rebellion. theres just not enough people or things to do in the capital of skyrim, its never felt anymore important than windhelm or markarth to me.

does anyone working on the better cities mod plan on doing anything to the outside of solitude?

fancy hotel: definately being added! imperial commerce and trade?: we have the docks with the east empire trading company. as far as i know solitude dock discticts mod is discontinued and plagued by ctds, so maybe in the future i will work out improved docks :) yes i imagined some looks like the one photo you posted. i have to check for clipping issues though.

larger castle and impreial troops plus better city gate comes in v.3.

i thought about adding a bathhouse, but space is rare in solitude, i need to check where i could place it. the mod places the bathhouse where i want the ambassys to be.

no placeholder buildings in my mod (maybe the really large ones but i don't think so).

instead updating for new versions will take some longer time! i will work bit for bit, progress is slow but all features are 100% done at release!