Better cities Syrim edition

TWarrior

I am proud to announce, that Nexus user Tesfiend joined the better cities team and is currently redoing his better dawnstar mod from scratch.

his stable release will then be uploaded on the better cities page in the next month (current info so far).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud to announce, that Nexus user Tesfiend joined the better cities team and is currently redoing his better dawnstar mod from scratch.

his stable release will then be uploaded on the better cities page in the next month (current info so far).

Ah, great. Good to get more people on the team. Pertaining Solitude, do you plan on implementing any sort of hidden or secret areas? One that you need to do a fair bit of searching to find, with maybe some interesting back-story to it?

actually i always play straight on warrior or paladin type characters, so usually i dont even find those areas in the vanilla game.

but near the palace are some backyards, which are pretty empty. but my focus is another one so far for solitude.

okay i have a question to you guys:

would you like me to release versions that only include exteriors before i release the full versions with interiors and npcs?

should i do the city layout and exteriors first and then the interiors and npcs?

or should i handle it like i initially planned, that means i release 1 part at a time, yet interiors and npcs will be included?

Edited by TWarrior

would you like me to release versions that only include exteriors before i release the full versions with interiors and npcs?

should i do the city layout and exteriors first and then the interiors and npcs?

or should i handle it like i initially planned, that means i release 1 part at a time, yet interiors and npcs will be included?

Hmmm. Is any of these paths more difficult that the other?

well exteriors take less time to place, interiors also isnt too hard to do.

what takes work is navmesh and npcs ai routines (that is what i currently am working on before releasing v.3)

well exteriors take less time to place, interiors also isnt too hard to do.

what takes work is navmesh and npcs ai routines (that is what i currently am working on before releasing v.3)

Well, I think you should do the city layout, then interiors and then NPCs/AI. However I'm not a modder, so my advice may not mean so much.

yeah i also thought i might do something like that.

but for example the v.4 wont need any new interiors, or maybe only one, but is only exteriors(city gate) and new soldiers and clutter.

but first i have to get v.3 done.

god i hate navmesh...

• 2 weeks later...

uugh ai routines sometimes bug out for me...

might take me a while to find the problem, even though i have ideas how to fix them.

i keep modding, but also i have to go to university and work, so i cant mod few hours straight and

sometimes i dont even want to mod.

rest assured though, that v.3 isnt far away!

Edited by TWarrior