Frea won't stop following me no matter what.

Vulon

I've exhausted every option I can think of. Choosing the "it's time for us to part ways" dialogue option doesn't do anything. She says "It has been an honor, Skaal-friend", but then just keeps following me. Oddly enough, her words get really choppy when she says that line. To anyone familiar with the Skyrim poop series on youtube, it essentially sounds like that. Seriously. Like a bunch of words just edited together in a choppy way. O.o

I tried the 'set playerfollowercount to 0' command in the console. I tried 'resetai' on her just to see if that would do anything. It didn't. I used 'coc whiterun' to travel from Solstheim to Skyrim in the hopes that she'd stop following me, but she was persistent. She's supposed to stay on Solstheim, right? I'm actually not sure, but that was the impression I was under. I tried setting her to non-essential and killing her. She won't die! T_T I made sure it was her base id, not her reference id, that I I entered, but no dice. All I ended up accomplishing was somehow setting her animation to the animation I'm supposed to have enabled for MY character only. I'm using the 'PC exclusive animation path' mod with FNIS...aaand I just realized that I downloaded a mod to change her race to the Lunari race, so that would explain why she's able to access that animation, since it only blocks the animation off from the vanilla races. Derp. Still, I don't get it. Anyway, moving on.

I also tried using the enable / disable commands on her. When I used 'disable', she seems to get stuck in a perpetual bleeding out stage, but that doesn't really help me since I'm sure she's still technically set as my follower. Also, I currently have UFO installed. Plz help. ._.

Just gave it a shot. Didn't work, unfortunately. : / It just reset her animation to the one I use for my character. Although I tried the 'disable' command on her afterwards, and she disappeared this time around instead of entering the bleed-out animation. Except all it did was turn her invisible. I went into an interior and typed in 'enable' and sure enough, she popped right back in, ever the persistent stalker. >.< Edited by Vulon

• 4 weeks later...

*I meant to reply to this thread, and put this one accidentally in the old lydia follower thread*

I can probably help solve and explain all of this. For those of you who indicate the problem with Frea, it starts with her and then becomes a problem with all followers. Basically with some mod, etiher UFO, my home is your home, etc, the stopquest dialoguefollower line is not properly ran. So here is the solution to getting everything working with your original followers again if you have my exact problem. Unfortunately Frea seems glitched for now with any sort of follower modding, so whenever you try to use her with UFO, MHYH, etc. this inability to dismiss her will occur again.

1) Talk to frea, or followers you have and dismiss them (at this point they will still be following you)

2) open console, type "stopquest dialoguefollower"

3) close console, and your follower will start walking away.

4) NOW, go to a room where you are not near a follower, type "set playerfolowercount to 0" and then type "startquest dialoguefollower"

5) save the game, exit to the main menu, and reload that game

SO now your followers should be working, but as soon as your use Frea again you will have to repeat the same thing. This has been my experience at least. I hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

*I meant to reply to this thread, and put this one accidentally in the old lydia follower thread*

I can probably help solve and explain all of this. For those of you who indicate the problem with Frea, it starts with her and then becomes a problem with all followers. Basically with some mod, etiher UFO, my home is your home, etc, the stopquest dialoguefollower line is not properly ran. So here is the solution to getting everything working with your original followers again if you have my exact problem. Unfortunately Frea seems glitched for now with any sort of follower modding, so whenever you try to use her with UFO, MHYH, etc. this inability to dismiss her will occur again.

1) Talk to frea, or followers you have and dismiss them (at this point they will still be following you)

2) open console, type "stopquest dialoguefollower"

3) close console, and your follower will start walking away.

4) NOW, go to a room where you are not near a follower, type "set playerfolowercount to 0" and then type "startquest dialoguefollower"

5) save the game, exit to the main menu, and reload that game

SO now your followers should be working, but as soon as your use Frea again you will have to repeat the same thing. This has been my experience at least. I hope this helps.

Thanks so much man. I had the same exact glitch. Followers would follow me still after dismissing. Not exactly sure how the glitch started. I have a hunch it may stem from my first follower "Sven". I renamed him with a renaming mod. Then i had a Companions quest where Vilkas followed me and made "Sven" return home. After the quest, i went back to Riverwood to get Sven, but i could not click on him. Nothing would happen. So i just left and later while i was exploring, i found "Zora the Fair-Child", i think thats her name. Anyway, she's the one who kept following me after dismissing.

Again thanks for your command console fix. I can hire and dismiss followers now, except for "Sven". He still has the unclickable glitch. Oh well. I Renamed him back to Sven, and just let him live his life singing as a bard.

• 3 years later...