Graphical fix/mod

demiwolfsong

So I'm not sure what to actually call this, but I figure if anyone would know what this is and how to fix it, it would be the modding community.

As I've been playing, I keep having this one thing that I keep experiencing but don't know the actual name for. Essentially, when I'm talking with any NPC or character with 'long' hair or bangs, I've been noticing that their bangs have this 'invisible outline' that is just outside where their bangs/hair is. When their hair moves in front of their face, it distorts their face, warping their eyes and causing them to droop or seemingly melt into other parts of their face until the hair goes back to its 'static' position.

What is this? Is it a graphic option that I need to turn off, or is it something that I will need a mod for?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a screen cap yet, but if it's needed I can see if I can't get one. (it usually happens when I'm talking to Clair [she was the one I first noticed it happening on], Judy, or Panam, but the other two it happens far less with.)

Thank you, in advance.

its temporal anti-aliasing

TAA works in a way that that merges some part of previously rendered frame together with the new one

the behaviour you describe is so called ghosting, a trail pixels partially derived from the previously rendered frame

there are mods to disable this for example "Config Overhaul Cyberpunk"

however by denouncing the devil you know...

meet the devil you dont:

kvKVcpu.png

hair, eyebrows, eyelashes and beards are now like this and it is much worse ingame

the hair materials are using shader with archaic optimization technique in it called dithering

this can be obfuscated to acceptable level with downsampling from 200% resolution, which kills the framerate

TLDR: its hassle, yo, better to just leave it, if you want to retain sanity

Edited by ScorpionAUG