Gettings CTDs

Malkavin3567

I downloaded Wasteland Defender, and decided the use the NCR Prison as my base of operations. I got tired of all the clutter around the place, so went into the console and used the "disable" feature to get rid of a lot of it. I'm not sure if its coincidence or not, but it seems since then, whenever I try to load a game where I'm in the prison, which regretfully is all of them, I immedietly CTD. I tried disabling WLD, but no luck. Any ideas guys? It's a save where I put in over 30+ hours =\

In a number of Bethesda games, including Oblivion and FO3 specifically, I found when I wanted to improve FPS by taking out some junk via disable commands, the game became ridiculously unstable. It is best to use GECK to remove things, that way the ESPs remain clean, as opposed to a buggy-ass save game game. Idk the specific reasons for the crashes, but definitely something I noticed big time. If you've continued on in your save after doing this than your save game is f****d. If you have anything to revert to, do that immediately.

What you want to do is load up GECK with your mod and just the masters it requires, Fallout.esm and whatever else it needs (NO DLC'S) and just edit the area to your liking. If you need any help with this I suggest you goolge some GECK guides, otherwise PM me and I will get you started.

Crap, no I don't have an older game to revert back to.. Well, I do, but its 7 hours younger than my most previous. Oh well. Thank you for the quick reply. I have a basic concept of the GECK, but nothing in depth.

I see. Well you really need to go over to Bethsoft and read the GECK guides on cell editing. Then you'll be sweet. It's quite easy really once you get a hang of the controls :).

BTW I recommend CASM for your saves, then you will have many many saves to play with. Look up CASM NV on Nexus.