CTD on Casting Bound Sword

mlmlars

Hi there,

i'm new with skyrim. i got some mods installed, diffrent stuff, from shader to textures, all of them.

today i got a CTD while summoning a blade. all other spells are worke fine, but they did it too with all my stuff on.

i tryed stuff, deaktivate mods, reinstall them. even google http://cdn.loverslab.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png

later i got my skyrim copy with no mods or anything but my DLC's. loading my save, stuff from mods where missing like i could guess before. but anyways, i got my CTD right on again on summoning this blade again.

can save games cause that? i absolutly don't know what went wrong.

Johnnyred said other forum to me:

I have this problem occasionally with my battle mage character. I also remember reading somewhere that this problem is caused when you remove a mod which adds new weapons and/or armor while you had any of it equipped. The simplest solution I can give you is to open the console, select your character and type in resurrect 1. A fair word of warning though, this may cause some problems with your stats or active effects like a Nord's racial ability of frost resistance to suddenly disappear.

A while back, I read somewhere that this happens when a false weapon reference is created in the player's inventory or something along those lines. In the past I remember getting rid of the issue with a console command that didn't involve resurrecting yourself, but I can't remember it anymore. There used to be a SKSE plugin which address the issue and prevented it from occurring, but it doesn't work anymore since it was created a long time ago and several updates back. Hopefully the resurrect command solves the problem for you without further incident.

i said on other forum:

Hi Johnnyred,

thx for your reply! i'll give it a test.

Edit:

It worked! no CTD anymore on casting bound sword. i can't see anything of these mentioned missing buffs/benefits so far. thx a lot.