Need help on a ring mod

lonewolfkai

I made a ring that is supposed to look like a sheathed sword and is just meant as decoration, but when placed on my character, the sword attaches to the hand rather than on the back. i know the answer is staring right at me in the face, but i dont know what to do to fix this. anyone know what i need to do to fix this?

You need to have the model rigged to the spine bone (or bones, I don't know) instead of the finger bone (or again, bones). I would tell you how to do this but I'm not to sure.

It would be easier to make it as an amulet. That I could tell you how to do.

You need to have the model rigged to the spine bone (or bones, I don't know) instead of the finger bone (or again, bones). I would tell you how to do this but I'm not to sure.

It would be easier to make it as an amulet. That I could tell you how to do.

In more detail, both weapon meshes and rings are equipped to a single node, rather than being weighted to the whole skeleton. You would need to weight these items to the skeleton, rather than have them just assigned to a node, in order for the item to always be placed there. To do this, you would need blender or 3dsmax, import the mesh, import a body mesh with skeleton, and define the weights for your mesh. Then just export the weapon portion and handle it as if it were armor.

Of course, the whole process is a bit more complicated than that, and would probably require going through a few tutorials to get enough familiarity to do this.

ahh, i was thinking i could just fix it via the CS. this idea will have to be abandoned then as i do not have the time to learn those tools. i'm already having to cut out some ideas out of another project because of time constraints.

thx for the quick replies guys!

Archived