Oh god, I'm so sorry to add to these questions (morph help)

Weeping

Hey there guys.

So I've been toying around with the intent of really making this DA:O playthrough something special. So using wonderful mods like Fereldan Models and Morphs and More, I've picked out some great looking guys to plug in as various NPCs. Which brings me to my first question - Am I supposed/allowed to do this? I'm not trying to use the morphs for my character, but for NPCs like Howe or Loghain. Is this okay or am I breaking reality?

Assuming that's all well and good, I've managed to transfer some of the morphs into the game. I've redone Howe, Tamlen and Gorim so far (people visible instantly so I can see what's working) and they all seem to have the morph, but their faces are all wrong. Howe's is shiny, Tamlen's is a dull gray and Gorim's is dark brown (with fluorescent white hair, mind you.) I've combed through the required files over and over and sincerely don't know what I'm missing. And as if it helps, I've noticed that some other morphs from other mods have shiny/washed out skin as well. So I'm convinced somewhere along the road I missed a skin texture or something of that nature, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. Do you guys know of any skin textures/mods that spring to mind with this problem?

My last line of defense right now is to re-download all of the visual mods I've used, quarantine them into a single folder and try to compile the .xml files to perfection, though I have already used the compiler mod, I think it may have skipped over some files. It's worth mentioning as well that none of the stuff has actually shown up IN the character creator, which I find very odd (for instance, no custom hairs available.) I think this is a sign that they're not installed correctly, but I don't know what was different between this time and the last time I did this.

Siiiiiiiiiiigh

Sorry to bother y'all with a "beat your head against the wall" question, I'm just at a loss!

EDIT: Marjolaine's skin has shown up correctly now, and Gorim's hair is fine. Gorim actually is perfect if only the color of his face would match the color around his hair. Howe still has a shiny silver face (with the appropriate skin color around his hair) and Tamlen remains unchanged as well. I did manage to get everything to show up in the CC as well...so something went right, but I don't really know what :facepalm:

Shiny silver faces are an indication of missing textures. IIRC, white hair is a missing tint files. (Not 100% certain on that... it could be a texture issue as well.) The chargenmorphcfg.xml doesn't affect NPC morphs at all, it just makes things available to the in-game Character Creator.

You need to determine what the missing texture is, either by opening the MOR in a GFF editor or the toolset, and then figure out what mod it is from. (The skin texture information is located under MORPH_NODES>2>MORPH_TEXTUREPARAM.)

Shiny silver faces are an indication of missing textures. IIRC, white hair is a missing tint files. (Not 100% certain on that... it could be a texture issue as well.) The chargenmorphcfg.xml doesn't affect NPC morphs at all, it just makes things available to the in-game Character Creator.

You need to determine what the missing texture is, either by opening the MOR in a GFF editor or the toolset, and then figure out what mod it is from. (The skin texture information is located under MORPH_NODES>2>MORPH_TEXTUREPARAM.)

This is awesome information! So I've opened up the morph in the DAToolset and "TEXTUREPARAM" window unfolds into five different sections. Unfortunately, from there I'm pretty much useless. I don't really know how to "understand" the information that I'm given, only that I seem to be lacking all components (I assume they come as one piece anyway? I couldn't find them on my computer at all.) I'll put down when I see here in hopes that you can give me further insight... How can I tell what mod this is from?

MORPH_TEXTUREPARAM

NAME: mml_tDiffuse

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_masaeyebrow_0d

NAME: mml_tNormalMap

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_masaeyebrow_0n

NAME: mml_tAgeNormalMap

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_mgea_0n

NAME: mml_tAgeDiffuseMap

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_mgea_0d

NAME: mml_tTattooMask

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_tat_clbeard_0t

Er...I guess. Sorry for such a primitive display, hopefully you can understand it better than I. I'm just not sure how to decipher where this is supposed to draw from.

This is awesome information! So I've opened up the morph in the DAToolset and "TEXTUREPARAM" window unfolds into five different sections. Unfortunately, from there I'm pretty much useless. I don't really know how to "understand" the information that I'm given, only that I seem to be lacking all components (I assume they come as one piece anyway? I couldn't find them on my computer at all.) I'll put down when I see here in hopes that you can give me further insight... How can I tell what mod this is from?

MORPH_TEXTUREPARAM

NAME: mml_tDiffuse

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_masaeyebrow_0d

NAME: mml_tNormalMap

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_masaeyebrow_0n

NAME: mml_tAgeNormalMap

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_mgea_0n

NAME: mml_tAgeDiffuseMap

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_hed_mgea_0d

NAME: mml_tTattooMask

MORPH_TEXTURE_NAME: uh_tat_clbeard_0t

Er...I guess. Sorry for such a primitive display, hopefully you can understand it better than I. I'm just not sure how to decipher where this is supposed to draw from.

You have two skin textures, a base and a blend; each one has a Diffuse and Normal component. (Hence the paired file names of entries 0-3.) And entry 4 is a tattoo mask, which probably doesn't bear on your silver-skin issue.

Let's see... uh_hed_masaeyebrow_0d and uh_hed_masaeyebrow_0n are both from Dragon Age Redesigned, the optional Zevran Final version (both Lore and Aesthetics). Bear in mind that the Zevran MOR file is packed into the same ERF as the textures, and will conflict/override any other Zevran morph you have installed. (That's why I routinely unpack ERFs and add loose files to my override, and I imagine most morph-makers do the same.)

That texture was easy for me to identify, since I have it installed... the other texture is not something I recognize, ditto the tattoo mask. I'll look through my archived files (the mods I don't use) and see if anything matches... was there a list of required mods associated with the problematic morph? That might help narrow things down.

For this particular morph, this is what the required mods are:

DrDJs Bandit Emporium - Character Creator Scars by DR-DJ uploaded by Boonside:

Dracomies True Textures VI included in Dragon Age Redesigned version 7.3a by Dracomies:

Tears of Sorrow file from Dragon Age Redesigned by Dracomies:

tucked hair by tmp7704:

Hair Tints from Devs Companion and NPC headmorphs by Dev:

Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors Pineappletree:

I've downloaded all of these and made sure to fish out the "tears of sorrow" file from the DAR tool set folder. But if it make any sense, I think the details on the face are a bit clearer now that I've installed that particular Zevran morph. Still shiny as could be though!

I can't figure out where the other texture is from.

Perhaps the modder missed a required file for the morph, or the composition of the required file has changed (i.e. the textures included were changed or renamed)? I'm really stumped. :confused:

I won't lie, I'm sort of glad it's not just glaring stupidity on my part! :p

Still, I'm going to keep at it. Tamlen looks perfect now (presumably because of that Zevran texture) but Howe is still silver and Gorim still has a muddy brown face as opposed to his normal tone. I'll try shooting the mod authors a question or two and see what they say. Thanks so much for your help though!

• 2 weeks later...