what is the best armor?

no name white boy

i think it's more of a preference thing. some people like to play the tank and others the brain. i think if everyone walked around as an armorless mage or thief then we'd all have the same story. same thing goes for being a godlike warrior. and then there's your balanced types that want to be "usable" in all areas.

personally i'm a tank:

1.both fists of randagulf

2.daedric grieves

3.daedric boots

4.helm of orin bearclaw (sometimes i wear the mask of whoever, the one that ups your charm)

5.dragonbone cuirass

6.feather robe (to lighten my load)

not sure which pauldrons i use though

i don't use any plugins though. i don't want to taint the purity of my character :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peregrine do you REALLY know what you are talking about even if you have like 200 agility you are still going to get hit plenty of times.

1) Dodging attacks is easy, especially with a spear or ranged weapon. Learn to hit and run, and you'll live a lot longer.

2) High sneak skill + 1% CE chameleon = never get seen. If you can't be seen, even if the first critical hit doesn't kill them, all they can do is run blindly while you finish the job. Tap the sneak key and they suddenly lose sight of you.

so you are suggesting us to fight like some coward

Exactly. Of course if you want to run straight into every fight and embrace the afterlife, that's your right....

not a single npc in morrowind could beat me i dont need cowardly tactics (not meaning to brag)

not a single npc in morrowind could beat me i dont need cowardly tactics (not meaning to brag)

You just did I'm afraid. If it is assumed that Peregrine's stealth character and your fighting character are the same level, then not a single npc could beat Peregrine's character either.

Now let's say your character isn't the god you make him out to be. There are creatures that the theif could take out with one critical hit from chameleon sneaking, the fighter would still be hacking away, because the creature saw him coming and ran up to meet his attack. All in all, I'd still say they are pretty equal characters, but the tactics of a theif are more fun and much more interesting to play than just running up and attacking.

this is slightly off topic, but it seems somewhat aproprate here.

What does bound armor fall under, it is deadric so its heavy, but it weighs nothing so is it light, or because its nothing is it unarmored?

i was told it falls under all, depending on wich you use but it seems hard to beleive.

and no i'm not a n00b, just never worked with conjeration before.

peregrine do you REALLY know what you are talking about even if you have like 200 agility you are still going to get hit plenty of times.

1) Dodging attacks is easy, especially with a spear or ranged weapon. Learn to hit and run, and you'll live a lot longer.

2) High sneak skill + 1% CE chameleon = never get seen. If you can't be seen, even if the first critical hit doesn't kill them, all they can do is run blindly while you finish the job. Tap the sneak key and they suddenly lose sight of you.

so you are suggesting us to fight like some coward

Exactly. Of course if you want to run straight into every fight and embrace the afterlife, that's your right....

ragnarok, dont even get me started on hammering you again. (brag, lol) its not like ur the only one with a level 300 uber dude in here.

*refrains, for the moment, from lyrically owning tha rag*

anyway, bound armor doesnt fall under any categories because your ARE wearing armor, it IS weightless, and no matter what your hvy/med/lYt armor rating they always are worth 80 armor points (at least in my experiences anyway.)

back on topic, i always admired the light armor. all glass except for Cuirass of Saviors Hide and Boots of the Apostle. (there may be other light super-armors i missed.)

i just gotten some nice deadric armor i enchanted them with feather so i can still carry some heavy dwarven claymores ^_^ but here is the problem

i cant find a helm does any one know to find a helm besides todd test ?

Oh man, look people. Anyone who is looking for daedric anything, why don't you either run a search on the forums, or, more effectively, run a search on google or some other search engine. There are several sites with info on how to find every piece of daedric/glass/ebony/anything in the game.

Hey people, how about everyone calming down! Agree to disagree, or something along those lines. Look at it this way, during the game you will find certain times when stealth and agility will attain a certain goal, or perhaps help you out of a tight spot. Likewise, occasionally brute force and blood shed will prove the most taciturn approach. Everyone has their own way of playing this game, or to some of us, living our lives through this game ^_^ It isn't fair or at all sane to attack other players' grand designs for dominating the world... I mean freeing the world from the false gods, he he... Show respect for your fellow gamers' P.O.V's, just in case they prove you wrong! Thanks, and happy gaming to you all. :D

I quite agree Maximus. One of the pleasures of MW is the amount of choice it gives you. One way of playing is not BETTER than another, just different. And if you only ever play one way you miss out on much of the fun, especially at the beginning of the game when differences matter. Later on, all characters tend to become similar.

Nobody on this forum should care how another person plays.

Re Daedric Armour, only very recently did Switch post the link to UESP for just this purpose. Do a search. BTW the Daedric Helms all have names; Faces of Terror, Inspiration and War and the Masque of Clavicus Vile.

Archived