Mod Request: Projectile Launch System, Remove Explosions with Tranq rounds

LotharOfTheHillPeople

There are only two versions of the Projectile Launch System I can find in the game, Rare and Legendary. Both have the Explode on Impact addition. This is no good with the Tranquillizer Rounds Mod for your PLS because the explosions alert the cops which show up instantly behind you, totally defeating the purpose of using Tranq rounds for stealth making them effectively 100% Useless. Either the devs need to create a Common PLS that does not have the Explode on Impact addition or the devs need to turn off the explosions on impact when tranq rounds are used or a nice modder needs to make a mod that somehow fixes this huge game breaking problem. Thank you for reading my Mod request. I hope someone can help!

The tranq rounds are bugged anyway. They're totally OP and unbalanced. They're a 1 shot kill/defeat weapon. Every enemy, even the bosses, go down in 1 hit.

For the explosion part, there might be a cybernetic giving you explosions no matter what type of round you're using.

Not OP IMO, because that's what a tranq round is supposed to do and does in every game, which is knock someone out instantly. Of course tougher enemies could have some resistance to the chemical the tranq injects causing you to have to use more of them and I wouldn't mind seeing that too.

We know exactly what's causing the explosions. It's a secondary feature of the Projectile Launch System itself. Take a look at the description for the PLS and you'll see it. Apparently the game applies this effect to all types of mods for the PLS and it really shouldn't in the case of tranq rounds which are supposed to be a stealth option. This is why I suggested the devs could create a Common version of the PLS that doesn't have this secondary feature. I suspect there are several ways the problem could be solved.

I would not mind if someone just created a new weapon with regular tranq darts, perhaps a pistol and sniper rifle version like is found in Deus Ex Human Revolution. That may be an easier way to solve the problem and no one would have to fight with trying to modify the PLS.

Edited by LotharOfTheHillPeople