Newbie question - overhaul

Davva

Check out Immersive Armours and Immersive Weapons too. They don't add a challenge per se but they give you a much more diverse range of armours and weapons to find and create, thus making NPCs and yourself much more dynamic when it comes to combat. I just fought a Bandit Leader who had some kind of weird armour on that was incredibly strong, was a pretty tough battle (I use SkyRE too), if he didn't have that then the battle would have been fairly simple, even with SkyRE.

So even though you can have overhauls like SkyRE installed, some other normal mods on top can create a much more diverse and challenging experience.

If you really want to find out about decent mods, check out Skyrim Mod Sanctuary on YouTube by GophersVids. I watch them constantly and have downloaded and installed most of the mods he reviews (he also shows you how to install them step-by-step). It's a great YouTube channel to watch for Skyrim lovers.

Hi there,

for the last two weeks I was sucked in the Skyrim world, sarting all over, learning new things and creating the perfect warrior. Now I am on lbl 32 with 80 one-handed, 81 heavy armor and blocking. As apparel I have an orchish flawlees armor set. Suddenly the game stopped being fun. I feel like a GOD, feels like cheating. Enemies hardly hurt me, 1 or two blows and that is it. The game on lower levels was quite challenging and gave me motivation to improve. Now... from being a Skyrim Junkie I have turned into a ... how to say it... my child was shot. Am I doing something wrong? I have only installed the 2K textures mod (although I did not start a new game - hope it doesn't affect gameplay) so no gameplay changes. Is it how it should be?

So my question is: HOW DO I FALL IN LOVE IN SKYRIM AGAIN?

I mean there was a overhaul mod for Oblivion, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Is there anything like this for skyrim? Which mods would u suggest for a more balanced and challenging gameplay? Is there a pack of mods or one big one?

Thanks in advance for answers

Davva

For starters, you play a heavy melee character. This class is the easiest one. Easy = Boring. I think you should restart the game with a character you're not familiar to. A mage or a thief maybe? Also you need to RP your character a little. For instance, my thief/assasin is clueless about magic. Actually due to a series of unfortunate events when she was young she hates both magic and mages. So she depends only on potions for her health. This kind of twists make the game a lot more interesting. I also highly suggest installing SkyRe which alters the game completely.