Skyrim infinite loading screen

millenna

ok i think i have found a tips for the infinite loading screen when you want to go outside:

-1 open your map and make a full turn of it

-2 stay in map menu 10 15 sec just to be sure

i have tested this tips 5 time and my game load the outside area before that the game doesn't want to load i maen is stay over and over again at the loading screen, but for the save game in outside area it's the same problem the game stay at the loading screen so i need to save my game in indoor area not a big deal but it's boring.

i don't know if this tips is the solution because i need to test it more than 5 time but i hope i'm right and i hope this help for people having the same thing, i have past 3 day on the net to search help and make a lot of change in my load order and ini file i'm happy if i have found the solution for the donjon and cave because if you enter in donjon or cave and you're not sure to be able to go out when you have finished it's suck :wink:

Have a nice day

I just wanted to tell you that this message helped me SO much today! I've been having a hard time with my save games not wanting to let me leave nearly every indoor cell I was in. :wallbash: I would just get the endless loading screen and finally have to use Task Manager to end the game and try again. :verymad: Then I read your solution and thought, "What the heck, I've tried everything else." I'm so very happy to say IT WORKS!!!! I've not only opened my most recent saved game, but I went back and opened several of the others that I had trouble with. It works every time!! :dance:

Such a simple solution that really works. So thank you! Just opening my map and looking at the entire thing, corner to corner, top to bottom, fixes that durned loading screen!! I've sent it back to Oblivion where I'm sure it came from!! LOL I can finally continue to play without being so frustrated. I thought it was my mod list.. but after changing several things several times and still having the issue, I was ready to give up. :ohdear: So thank you, not only for the cool trick, but for giving me my Skyrim back! You, sir/madam, ROCK! :yes:

And thank you moderators for not killing old threads/messages. If you had I would never have found my solution. :thumbsup:

HUGS

'Lessa :wub:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Although the changes you presented to the ini file works wonders, there still remains the infinite loadsceen when loading a save out in the open world from the main menu.

I found Safety Load by Kapaer to solve all remaining problems, atleast from what I've experienced so far. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

It is not compatible with SkyUI however, and might therefore cause you CTD's at random.
Thanks to you, millenna.
Cheers.
Edited by Racial

Conflicted with it's incompatibility with SkyUI, I found a couple posts made by DemongelRex that

removed any crashes whatsoever.

"Guys, this mod is obsolete.

The memory fix introduced in this mod has been integrated with the latest version of skse. Just add the proper variables to the SKSE.ini.

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

If you do not have an skse ini, make one in the skse folder. Adding more memory fixes ILS issues, unless your game is already butchered."

Conflicted with it's incompatibility with SkyUI, I found a couple posts made by DemongelRex that

removed any crashes whatsoever.

"Guys, this mod is obsolete.

The memory fix introduced in this mod has been integrated with the latest version of skse. Just add the proper variables to the SKSE.ini.

[Memory]

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

If you do not have an skse ini, make one in the skse folder. Adding more memory fixes ILS issues, unless your game is already butchered."

Finally, someone who knows what the answer is.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just running into this same problem, infinite loading screens, and the solution with spinning the map did not work for me. But, I figured out that somehow NMM had screwed up my load order and had all of the unofficial patches loading at random times. I'm assuming that this is what caused the infinite load screens, because after correcting the load order to the one given here; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/? my loading screens problem was fixed, without doing the map spinning.

• 3 weeks later...

For All who still experience the Loading bug there are 2 ways to fix it but its different all the time which way will fix the bug in the end for you.

The bug happens because of the SKSE file which dont get enough RAM to load when you enter a city.

1st. way:
Create a SKSE.ini file in your private docs. (Documents/myGames/Skyrim/SKSE)
enter these lines into the SKSE.ini file:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Memory]
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

now depending on how much RAM you still got unused while running the game you can change the =256 and = 768 to a higher number to improve the power of SKSE.

2nd way:

If the 1st way didnt worked download this Mod fix and install it via NXM

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

I'm sorry if booth ways didnt worked.

Edited by Korakan

I had the same problem on and off, loading exterior save games gave me IFL (infinite loading screen) and a lot of CTDs, freezes and even BSOD system crashes.

Here's the cause and solution.

This memory allocation patch helped my game stability a ton.

Hope this helps.

EDIT

I just realized Korakan posted this fix above. Sorry I neglected to see it at the time :p

Well this video explains the details and gives a visual aid to the fix he posted :)

Edited by Kaine12

Well, I've tried most of this stuff. But the one reliable workaroubnd I have found is to give the three-finger salute, select Windows Task Manager, and look at my Applications tab (far left). For reasons I refuse to even try to fathom, jiggling the box and especially hovering over the red X (on WTM! not on Skyrim!) seems to help Skyrim get over whatever mental block is preventing it from completing the load.

Yeah, I know. You want to prevent this problem, not enable it. Just saying it costs you nothing and it might even help.

Edit: Actually, sometime it seems to cause a fast silent crash. So only try this if you are prepared to risk that.

My next rig is gonna have 32gb ram, I swear.