Skyrim infinite loading screen

millenna

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been fighting this for days trying to figure out what I tweaked that caused Skyrim indigestion. (Answer: I tweaked the .ini files' [Map Settings])

I love this community!

Thank you millennia.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so at first I thought this was a BS post after the first few folks responding had equally terrible grammar (the assumption being that OP had used alternate accounts to try to boost this idea). After reading so many varied replies, I am going to try this out. I will report back later with my results.

UPDATE: While I haven't received an infinite loading screen, I have had one CTD during a couple hours of play. I'll keep updating as I put this through the ringer, but it is safe to say that it is indeed working thus far in regards to load screen locking.

UPDATE II: I have had zero loading screen issues, but I seem to still get random CTD issues every couple of hours worth of game play. Kudos to OP for this bizarre fix.

Edited by Jadeddeceit

Update III: I guess I was just running lucky for a bit. Without any changes, the game has started locking up when I am switching zones (like entering a town). I have also started to experience some weird scripting issues. Like my follower walking upside down and sideways, my horse and me flying around from side to side before being dropped to the earth back where I started, and Frostfall giving me some scripting speed warnings from time to time. Because of these, I will assume that it has nothing to do with the quality of your fix.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

>Hi everybody,

i make this topic because i have a problem with skyrim (1.9) and same problem with the previous version (1.8 )

sometime the loading screen of the game is infinite specially when i want to go outside (this happens randomly and specially in donjon or cave) or when i load a save game in outside area i have search on net the last 3 day but i can't find anything that help me, so i hope the nexus community can help me.

i have lot of mod in skyrim and i have tested one by one to find if one of this make this problem but the only mod that make problem specially when you want to start new game is enhanced blood texture can cause crash the game.

so i don't know where is the problem and it's boring because when i go in donjon or cave i don't know if i can leave when i have finished.

my skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini is also extremly tweaked but i have tested many thing and nothing help me,

if someone have an idea to resolve this bug it's much appreciated, i have take and attach my load order in nmm and sorry if my english is not so good because i'm french people

i solved by downloading a mod called something like skyrim no smoke

• 3 months later...