Keys not working properly in console *URGENT*

Inazuma22

You could yes, though it would still be kinda annoying having this bug. Idk, I could only pin it to being a dodgy driver or hardware problem, but if none of the normal fixes work.... I hate these kind of bugs :(

Yeah I suppose that would be the quick option then :).

LOL thanks for the kind words, I just try to help where I can :). Shame we couldn't totally fix this problem though :(.

I do have one more suggestion, probably should have said this ages ago lol, but you should try another keyboard to see if the problem persists. If you can, get one that needs it's own driver, something specialized. That way you could really narrow the problem down to the OS. Other than that though I guess you could just stick to a scripted object.

Let me know if you end up finding the problem, i'd really like to know so that I may help others if necessary :).

• 2 years later...

I really hate to bump a thread as old as this one, but I found it because of an issue I currently have and not many people seem to know a fix

The issue you had was that your Console somehow turned into azerty from qwerty.

My problem is the opposite of yours.

I have an azerty keyboard but the console Is US (qwerty) so it really f*#@s things up for me, Just 2 simple words like "Spawn monster" would come out as "Spqzn ;onster" in console. it's incredibly frustrating and I have no idea how to change it, I actually WANT this thing you consider a bug.. which is kinda funny if you ask me, Since you didn't seem to find a fix (I think?) and this thread is 2years old I have low faith in getting an answer, but always worth a try.

The fact that this happened to you means there is a way to change it, I just have to find it.

I really hate to bump a thread as old as this one, but I found it because of an issue I currently have and not many people seem to know a fix

The issue you had was that your Console somehow turned into azerty from qwerty.

My problem is the opposite of yours.

I have an azerty keyboard but the console Is US (qwerty) so it really f*#@s things up for me, Just 2 simple words like "Spawn monster" would come out as "Spqzn ;onster" in console. it's incredibly frustrating and I have no idea how to change it, I actually WANT this thing you consider a bug.. which is kinda funny if you ask me, Since you didn't seem to find a fix (I think?) and this thread is 2years old I have low faith in getting an answer, but always worth a try.

The fact that this happened to you means there is a way to change it, I just have to find it.

Its not something i have ever experienced, however I imagine that the console is tied to the engine and by this I think it only understands the qwerty kboard. I could be wrong but i would imagine this is the cause.

If you havent tried it already, you might consider using a profiling app to force the keyboards azerty keys, this way maybe you can "trick" it into giving the correct keystrokes. Let me know if that works.