Mod idea- Find your wife?

todd92371

I was wondering if this would be hard to do. It's quite simple actually. I would like a mod where you have to search the map for your wife or significant other. Because, she was captured by a band of wandering trolls .. scamps... whatever. The mod would randomly place her (a fictional female npc) somewhere on the map with 3 or 4 abductors surrounding her. YOu simply have to search the map to find her. It may take a long time... but, that is okay.. It would be cool even to maybe add scripts to npc's that gave you hints? ect. But, at first- just a way to randomly place a female character surrounded by 4 scamps (trolls) ect. It could even involve placing her in a dungeon, forest- ANYWHERE. I like to wander the map and I think this would be a cool reason to have to explore and search. just wondering. Would be great to be able to reset the character after she is found.

I posted this over in the oblivion mod forum also.

Thanks.

REALLY interesting idea.

One of the alcohol effect mods "randomly" moves you around Skyrim if you drink too much and black out. In the description of that mod, the author mentions that "randomly" isn't really that random because a truly random move usually resulted in the players death from falling. His solution was to locate several safe places ahead of time (I think he placed markers) and just pick one randomly and send the player there (and unequipall because there's nothing like waking up from a bender thinking "Where the hell am I? Where the hell are my clothes?") I wish I could remember the name of the mod.

You may have to do the same thing - place markers all over Skyrim (perhaps the marker from the Boethia quest where you rescue that priest from the Forsworn camp) and randomly pick one to which to teleport the wife NPC.

This would modify a LOT of cells, which would probably lead to a LOT of conflicts. Then again, since your modifications would only be a marker (or five, if you add markers for her captors as well), maybe the conflicts won't be so important.

Also, don't forget that not everyone plays males - make it possible to rescue your husband as well! (The rescue scene from Monty Python's Holy Grail comes to mind...)