ironsight ,red dot sight

betto212

I made working 3D iron sights for the 10mm SMG about a month ago, but I'll have to make it so you can't move while aiming to get rid of the hud reticle. I modified the "iron sight" aimation so the camera is behind the weapon in the right spot, which has to be done for both AimIS and AttackIS. I haven't checked, but I doubt it's going to work because it changes the animation for every weapon of that type, and their sights might not all be in the same place.

It can't be done 2D because when using a "scope" overlay, the engine stops rendering about 1/4 of each side. (There doesn't seem to be a way around it, either.) That's why they use the black background for the scope.

Here's a thought:

Maybe use the scope functionality, but remove the black and crosshairs, significantly reduce the zoom, insert a 2D iron-sights or reflex sight texture, and then to account for the 1/4 missing edges of rendering white out the sides and apply a gradient towards the center. this would give the functionality of proper hardware sights, but might imply that the player is experiencing a sort of tunnel-vision as a result of focusing down the sights.

Of course it's not the ideal solution, but I think this could work temporarily until someone discovers how to tell the engine to use the full screen when rendering the scoped view.

Archived