Can't interact (press the E key) to Solitude Guards

Honorgirl

You see I'm using the Alternative start mode by Arthmoor and I took the option to take a boat to solititude. Every single Guard (except one Guard who's patrolling in the middle of the road that goes from the docks to Solittude) I meet in Solitude cannot be talked to.

They will greet me and say usual the things Guards usually say but the option to click E (the interaction button) isn't there and I can only here them speak to me if they do the "hello greetings" script or whatever it's called when NPCs greet you.

They can arrest me if i hit then in the head with my fists, so I know that's working. I just can't seem to do the interaction button with them at all.

I've tried verifying the integrity of my game cache on steam, tried making a new save, any mod that makes an edit on guards and creating a new game, but nothing seems to be working :( .

Any help or advice you can give would be deeply appreciated.

this is a new issue since the V1.9 live release. I have run into it several times as well.

It's especially frustrating when you cannot interact with the NPC, or corpse of the NPC

that either continues the quest or ends it. I have started from the beginning of the

game 3 times in the past 24 hours. Each time with a new Character. And each time that

I get into Bleakfalls Barrow. I can't loot any of the Draugr that I have faught and killed.

So I can't even continue the main storyline.

I have even tried reinstalling the game, that didn't work.

Edited by DeltaAgent26