A nice little render of the armor I've been working on

Sandaron

Yo what up skyrim

Back in August I released this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/39702

For like a month after that I was slowly working on making a set of armor to go along with it which isn't quite as inspired by Morrowind,but I think it's still pretty cool; the shape of the gauntlets is modelled somewhat off Wraithguard and the boots are a bit more top-heavy like Morrowind's, the main torso piece was mostly referenced from something someone in the comments suggested (some Legends card I think) and there's also a few hints of vanilla armor hanging around too (some might say like a bad stench... I'm kidding!).

I got pretty burnt out on it for various reasons and completely dropped it. I did a little bit of tweaking since, but it's basically negligible. Aaanyway, I just wanted to show this off since it might actually reach the light of day now. The textures aren't final + it's rendered in Blender Eevee, so it's definitely not going to look remotely like this in-game. I also have a high poly model of a female version hanging around too, which I'll have to sort out as well (boob plate, yes or yes?), but it probably won't be nearly as much hassle; I feel I've learnt a lot from both the trials and tribulations of this armor and everything I've done since then and now. I grabbed a posable skeleton for blender so I'm not weight painting like an absolute maniac, don't ask me why I didn't do this sooner. I also realised glossiness is the literal inverse of roughness, so that's added (or possible removed?) fun when making the texture maps. I'M A FREAKIN' GENIUS PEOPLE.

I hope you enjoy the picture! :)

dwemer-render.png

• 4 weeks later...