Request: Remove ammo from vendors/caravans

Fallguy

The game could be quite fun to play if the player had to rely on ammo found in the wastes and on enemies. It could be even more fun if the amounts found would be smaller than vanilla so that the player is forced to save his ammo for the hard enemies and use melee for easy enemies. Then the stinky stick from the book quest would actually be useful, melee skill would be useful, making their own weapons to make use of railway spikes and the rock-it-launcher would be more useful, and so forth.

If only a tiny handful of bullets, at no higher cost than normal (because at higher cost you could also sell your surplus for a lot more, possibly making you too rich) would ever be sold by any vendor the game might just become a bit more challenging. I don't know, think about it.

Thanks...

The game could be quite fun to play if the player had to rely on ammo found in the wastes and on enemies. It could be even more fun if the amounts found would be smaller than vanilla so that the player is forced to save his ammo for the hard enemies and use melee for easy enemies. Then the stinky stick from the book quest would actually be useful, melee skill would be useful, making their own weapons to make use of railway spikes and the rock-it-launcher would be more useful, and so forth.

If only a tiny handful of bullets, at no higher cost than normal (because at higher cost you could also sell your surplus for a lot more, possibly making you too rich) would ever be sold by any vendor the game might just become a bit more challenging. I don't know, think about it.

Thanks...

Simply removing ammo from vendors is really easy to do, but I'm too busy to do it. :( Just deleting all the leveled item lists starting with "VendorAmmo" would probably do the trick.

Thanks for the reply!

The reason why I'm not doing it myself is because I have the same problem as you, time =). The time I have I want to spend gaming instead of sitting there for hours and hours trying to get into the "mod" of things. I've done a lot of modding in other games in my day, but my life has caught up with me and time is rare commodity I just don't feel I have any more.

If somebody feels they like to do it, then please go ahead. I think lowering the amount of what is found as loot and in boxes is also important for this to work properly, as, thinking about it, I realized that there are a lot weapons with lots of different ammo. So not reducing it, the player could just spread over to using more types of weapons I guess.

This makes the ammo finding perk more useful also, I realized.

Thanks

Archived