Near Death, and Revive System

dra6o0n

In Vanilla fallout 3, you either live, or you die, and you cannot set yourself essential. This applies to some companions to (like dogmeat) and trying to make specific npc essential every time seems like a pain.

What if there's a system where you can put a enemy in a near death state, or a enemy can put you or your companion in a near death state?

How it works:

- The system should be automated in a perk, etc.

- When a enemy dies, they have a small percentage chance that you've put them in a near death state, and will be laying in the floor, bleeding out.

- You get the choice of finishing them off, or let em bleed to death.

If it happens to you (if the enemy brings your hp down to zero):

- You go "unconscious" but somehow still alive. At this point you will be laying on the ground, bleeding out.

- If you have a companion, and if the companion has a stim pack, he can revive you by running up to you (should happen automatically on your death state).

If your companion is in a near death state, you can go up to them and "activate" them to automatically use a stim pack and revive them.

Near death time should be around 30 seconds to 1 minutes, depending on the damage.

PCs cannot go into this state if their body parts have been blown up (meaning they instantly stay dead instead of near death).

And it can be interesting if npcs have a relationship with other npcs, so when one of them goes down, they might stop doing what they are currently doing, and run to revive their ally (if they got a stim pack).

good idea but "Near death time should be around 30 seconds to 1 minutes" is far too long, i quick save my ass off, and the very second i die i hit F6 and load back up within 5 secs...

so 30 secs, far far to long to be sat around

**mind you, im a power gamer and prefer to blast my way thru everything as fast as humanly possible instead of enjoying the scenery etc

I like it!

Make it so that Player goes unconscious @ 1 HP, and then 30 sec later is given -1 HP to finish them off. The hardest part would be creating the 'Medic' script and applying it to every character in game. It would be rather complex to get them to behave appropriately, especially if you want them to not do the same action every time. For instance, I imagine that in the early stages of this mod the NPCs would all immediately stop fighting and run to your aid, but down the line that could change to them making a choice (die roll, charisma/alignment/disposition check) to revive you or not.

Archived