Resident evil 6 SUCKS!

dragonslayer2k12

I agree the QTE's are a hassle the first time, but in my experience, 108 hours, all but one have stayed the same. Maybe I just confused it even, because it changed from A to X, then has been A ever since. (Yes, I play on controller. Shoot me.) Not one you die immediately on either, it gave you a bit of time.

I hated RE5, for multiple reasons. RE6 on the other hand, I actually enjoyed and still am. Even Chris's campaign to an extent, which is extremely surprising for me. My complaints:

1. Prelude. Ok, how many action commands are there here? Seriously, and it moves so slowly. The actual campaign section this reflects is totally different and much more enjoyable. The prelude left a bad taste in people's mouths from what I can tell, but the rest of the game isn't like that. I would say try the rest to anyone who only played that, but if you rage quit that hard over what, 15 minutes of it? I doubt you'd like the rest anyway from the previous rage of the prelude. "One thing sucks, entire thing sucks."

2. The Prelude could have served as a tutorial for the broad array of controls. Yeah, there are manuals. Maybe I should have read it, either way, doesn't change that it's easier in game to learn them. The game throws you into it and... there you go.

3. The cover system. If I had a dime for everytime I was shoved against a wall in a tight corridor while trying to shoot something... Let's leave it at that, and say a button needs dedicated to it. In every applicable game. Ever.

4. PC networking issues. The game is dead as could be online. Trying to find someone for basic Mercenaries or Mercenaries No Mercy is insane, but DLC modes? Pft, forget it. Secondly, I've been screwed over on two Residentevil.net events because it decided not to upload anything. Yeah, most people don't even play those, whatever. Point still is.

What I like:

1. I like the gameplay. It's not survival horror, but I felt it was a pretty good game, has replayability too. I really don't get the massively low reviews for it, or the QTE complaints. There really aren't that many, what, are people considering the swimming, sliding, etc QTE's? Quick, Time, Event. The parachute falling from the helicopter, that's QTE. And I definitely found it frustrating first time, but like I said, they stay the same at least. Sure, you might die if you don't slide somewhere, but it's usually not super strict and it's really the same as if you don't jump in the right place while playing a platformer. I suppose Super Mario World is just riddled with QTE's lol

2. Multiplayer, when it works, is really fun. Also when no one is cheating, but other than a game exploit with quick shot that should be fixed, this is a bigger problem than RE6.

3. Split screen local MP. Say what you will, but so many games have this stripped out. Just leave it in! There is no legitimate reason behind removing it from PC games that support controllers. (And every game that is released on consoles as well, should support controllers. Once again, NO reason to remove it.)

4. The port itself and way it was released. Technically, I've not had any problems, never a single crash etc. It's still not perfect for everyone, (nor is any PC game ever release except Plants Vs Zombies or something. It probably has issues somewhere too even.) but has had follow up support much better than most games. Other than networking, I've not had issues.

We as PC gamers got it all and more. Even if you feel the game flat out sucks, which is fine, fact is, permanent exclusivity is horrid and every fan deserves the same if not PC getting more. May sound selfish, and in some ways I wish we didn't get more either and it were fully equal, but PC games will be here forever pratically, unlike console versions where extras released exclusively there will never see the light of day again. As well, no GFWL or other DRM garbage. Ideally, no DRM ever, but Steam is the way to go everytime if DRM is being considered.

So yeah, completly fix the networking and technical issues some people are having with the game in general, and I think it's really not that bad. It's not survival horror, but it's still good for what it is in my opinion.

I like Angry Joe (though he's more entertainment value for me than someone whose reviews I take seriously) but then I also love the Angry Video Game Nerd. Despite being middle aged and female, the childish humor and over the top swearing amuse me to no end.

Such a shame this game sucks. I used to enjoy this series.