M60 and M249

einherjrar

vote for M2 Browning

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images//d/d2/Browning.gif

M2 Browning is already in Beta;

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2864

-----------------------------

About the size of the FN249;

Yes, the scale of the FN249 will need to be increased; these are pics of the alpha which is freshly imported.

-Don't expect the size to inflate beyond 10-20% though, the buttstock length to the pistol grip matches with the hand animations. If I blow it up too far in any or all dimensions, it will no longer look like the character is holding the gun.

-The actual FN249 SAW is NOT a great deal larger than an assault rifle; it IS bigger, but not by the scale seen by say, the M60. Right now the FN249 SAW is closely overlapping the dimensions of the chinese assault rifle; so it appears to be the same scale as an assault rifle, which is to say: it looks tiny from what you might expect a light machinegun to be.

There is a little more work to be done as you can see before the Beta hits.

I am also picking away at other Betas, but expect to see something by weeks end.

I also have to verify the model is freely released royalty free material, which I'm confident it should be.

I'm at a crossroads in the mod here... Need some opinions;

I have managed to import both the M60, and the FN249 into FO3; right now they are both using the chinese assault rifle animations;

- This is not optimal as the both of the assault rifles reload graphics are very quick and I have been unable to make the animation slower; these belt fed weapons need the hinderance of a longer reload for game balance.

I am debating using a heavily altered minigun frame and have it be wielded like I had the M2 as it was in FOT:BOS;

- This I think would break reality for too many people however, most of which are probably expecting more CS or other FPS style of holding the weapon.

In a nutshell;

I can have an appropriate length reload graphic, but you will always fire from the hip/carrying handles and never from the shoulder. (Rambo Style)

I can have an appropriate position realistically holding the weapon, but the reload will be very unbelievably fast.

Archived