Creation Kit Unable to Load Hearthfire DLC

InfinityXeon

When I attempt to use the Creatin Kit to make a mod using Hearthfire features (even though I could probably easily recreate them if I knew what I was doing) it crashed. I tried a few different times, and it just kept crashing. It loads Skyrim.esm just fine, but as soon as it tries to load Hearthfire.esm it crashes. It can load esps just fine. Is this an issue with loading two esms at once? Or is it just an issue I have? Help would be appreciated. I have a really awesome mod idea.

EDIT: Just tried another esm (one of the other dlcs. not sure which one) and it crashed too. That`s probably it isn`t it?

If at all possible, how can I get around this issue? I know it`s possible to create mods using DLC content. Do I have to extract the bsa files that come with the mods?

Edited by InfinityXeon

You need to add a couple lines to your 'SkyrimEditor' file located in you 'Skyrim' folder (most likely).

Find the file and find the line that says the following under [ARCHIVE]:

SResourceArchiveList2

add to that string the following:

for Hearthfires : HearthFires.bsa

for Dragonborn : Dragonborn.bsa

for Dawnguard : Dawnguard.bsa

if adding all the string should look like this:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

You also need to add the following line under [GENERAL]:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Hope that helps.

Edited by krisjay

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an old topic, but its spot on to what I need to refer to so I'd like to resurrect it hoping that someone can help.

I have Win. 8.1 and followed the above instructions modifying the skyrimeditor.ini. However, it did not work. I was able to open up CK but all the render window would show are a few outlines of would should have been a sizable house. I then tried opening up an official house and had the same problem. Reverted back to my original skyrimeditor.ini and all was well as long as I did not try to open with dlc. Now I did see on the internet that some experienced this issue using Win8, but I didn't see a solution anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I have much the same problem, however I did the above, and now loading multiple master files works just fine. But anytime I try to load Hearthfire, the program complains about missing blocks in the ENGLISH STRINGS then immediately crashes.

What is the fix for that?