Open Community  ·  796 members

Stardew Valley

Bug, can't donate to museum - Mac

binky62

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem.
I have the latest version of Stardew Valley on my MacBook via Steam.
When I want to donate an item to the museum I can't click on the item or select it with my keyboard arrows. It's almost like the mouse goes a bit crazy and I can't move / control it.
I have some mods installed and I'm not sure if that has messed it up.
Thanks!

Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×

Edited by binky62

Hi,

I think we're having the same problem. In addition to the museum issue, I'm having a similar problem where I can't use my keyboard or trackpad to place new buildings. I'm also running the game on a MacBook via Steam. I'm new to modding. I don't know enough to be able to troubleshoot outside of seeing that the only mod we have in common is StardewHack.

I'm having the same problem with the museum, but I haven't tried with the buildings as I haven't placed any on my current farm yet.

This doesn't look like it's a Mac only problem as I'm playing on PC and using SMAPI mods. The only fix I've found for this is using a controller (I have an XBox One controller, not that it makes a difference as it should still work with any controller you like) and using the left thumbstick and X button to pick up/drop the item. Note: I do have controller style menus off since usually play with mouse and keyboard. But it still feels quite janky.

EDIT: I turned controller style menus back on and placing items with a controller works 100%. The whole thing just seems broken for mouse/keyboard users. I guess I'm just going to get used to playing with my controller instead.

Edited by DarthTella

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, I had the same problem. I posted a bug description under "SMAPI - Stardew Modding API" and received a quick and very helpful response from @Pathoschild, with a very simple solution:

Hi! I've seen a few players with that issue, so I just added Cursor gets stuck on museum or build screen to the troubleshooting guide. Let me know whether that fixes it for you too!

Hope that helps anyone else with this issue. Thanks again to @Pathoschild. Cheers.