Shotgun reload animation cut off? (1st person)

Draghy

Hello, I've just discovered a strange bug where the reload animation for the shotgun is cut off after inserting a shell (the pump animation starts and repeats after each shell inserted).

I thought this was a problem with ARP but I disabled the ReloadY animation and it still occurs. Tried removing handgrip and aim animations as well, still looks bad.

I don't have any ammo count or remember ammo mods (thought those might cause it), just the said options from iStewieAi's tweaks (disabled them and still had the bug).

The only clue I manage to get is that animation replacers with a longer reload animation (ARP's new version) do not trigger the bug, since they are longer. I don't want to use that one however since it looks janky with the other animations I use.

Any thoughts on what kind of mod or animation could be causing this?

It's going to be the specific animation (.kf) file used for that particular shotgun: called by some the "partial reload" problem. If you have installed an animation replacement mod, then you will need to determine exactly which animation is used (try looking in NIFSkope) and then replacing that particular KF file with a different one from another reload mod that attempts to address that issue, such as "FNV Clean Animations".

Note that depending upon your mod manager, "disabling" a mod does not necessarily restore a file which was overwritten. "Verify local files" may be required.

-Dubious-

It's going to be the specific animation (.kf) file used for that particular shotgun: called by some the "partial reload" problem. If you have installed an animation replacement mod, then you will need to determine exactly which animation is used (try looking in NIFSkope) and then replacing that particular KF file with a different one from another reload mod that attempts to address that issue, such as "FNV Clean Animations".

Note that depending upon your mod manager, "disabling" a mod does not necessarily restore a file which was overwritten. "Verify local files" may be required.

-Dubious-

By disable I meant removing the .kf files yes.

Well it isn't just some shotgun's reload. I meant pump-action shotguns. All of them, mod or not, use the same reload animation, ReloadY. Unfortunately, FNV Clean Animations, doesn't provide an animation for this reload type, I would have definitely used it.

I don't have any partial reload mods or animations. I'll try updating to the latest version of Stewie Tweaks and see if there's any improvement.

Edited by Draghy

Well after some more testing with Anim Debug enabled, I found out that the right reload animations play, ReloadY and ReloadYstart, there aren't any other animations playing on top of those.

However, the issue is: the ReloadY animation doesn't restart it's cycle at the proper timing, so the end pump animation start playing. I'm no expert in animations but looking through their .kf files I couldn't trace what value or setting sets the cycle time for the animation to restart playing from the beginning. My theory is that shortening that value would fix the problem.

Maybe someone who knows more about animations can answer?