Lost control of mouse and keyboard?

roman11777

So, I was playing through the dead money DLC, and after killing dean domino and shooting a few ghost people outside, as soon as I was lining up my sights on the head of a harvester, I lost control of my game. The white mouse that you normally see in webpages was in the middle of my screen, and I could move it around with my mouse but I couldn't turn my head. I also couldn't use my keyboard. I couldn't open my pipboy or pause the game. I just stood there like an idiot slowly spinning around in circles while the ghost people wailed on me.

I tried restarting my game, but as soon as I get to the main menu, I lose control of the in-game mouse which then drifts off onto the side of the screen never to be seen again, and I'm stuck with a mouse I can't click on anything with.

Help?

Edited by roman11777

Sounds like one of your background programs keeps trying to switch to the front over NV. Did you try alt-tabbing? Most times alt-tabbing will crash the game though, without the fake fullscreen mods anyway, so don't be alarmed if it crashes, but see if it dos anything for you anyway.

Other than that maybe try disabling mouse acceleration, use NV Configator to do this easily.