Skyrim low FPS on my MSI GE60 0ND

AltLamasticot

Hello everyone,

I recently installed skyrim on my new PC. My drivers are fully upgraded and most of the games run fine. ( Just Cause 2 runs at about 40 - 60 FPS )

When I launch Skyrim, the game automatically set the options to Ultra, according to my specs. But I've got very low fps in game : around 22 during the loading and 8 during the game.

My CPU's are running at about 30% of their capacity while I'm " playing ".

Here are my specs :

Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Nvidia GTX 660M

4ga RAM

I've already make sure that my Graphic Adapter is my GTX 660.

Please, can you help me ? :(

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for you advices. I've no mod installed.

What's " mobo " drivers ? :/

And, by " set everything possible to use game settings. " do you mean that I have to set all options like in Skyrim Launcher ? Like setting Antialiasing to 16x and so ?

I'm french, sorry if I tend to understand all this stuff a bit slowly. Moreover, my setting display is in french so I have to pay attention to what correspond to what.

Edited by AltLamasticot

i would say... use Frame rate limiter like radeon pro or msi afterburner. (i've not used radeon pro)

install msi afterburner, run msi afterburner onscreen display server and set refresh rate to 59 should work.

as weird as it sounds, it upped my GPU usage from 50 to 95% (and increased frame rate at that)

i have no clue how limiting it to 1 below refresh speed of the display (normally 60hz) will get it to use GPU more fully but it did that for me.

i would say... use Frame rate limiter like radeon pro or msi afterburner. (i've not used radeon pro)

install msi afterburner, run msi afterburner onscreen display server and set refresh rate to 59 should work.

as weird as it sounds, it upped my GPU usage from 50 to 95% (and increased frame rate at that)

i have no clue how limiting it to 1 below refresh speed of the display (normally 60hz) will get it to use GPU more fully but it did that for me.

TY. Im actually gonna give that a try myself :biggrin:

Mobo = Motherboard

I mean like if you open your nvidia settings (ya should have a little nvidia icon in your desktop tray bottom right of your screen) There is a bunch of settings in there also.

I've installed Afterburner, and opened On-screen display server, but how do you do this framerate limitation ?

My computer can run Skyrim smoothly on ultra, I tested before I came back to Windows 7 ( I've installed ALL the drivers )

Edited by AltLamasticot

If you have the newest one you need to also start the afterburner server after you start afterburner. That should give you the little server icon. If you dont have it then go to the bottom left of this page and download it http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm Be warned the on screen display when turned on crashed skyrim when using SKSE. I set it to 30 fps and wow what a difference. Also make sure you have verticle sync shut off in your nvidia 3d options.