Skyrim low FPS on my MSI GE60 0ND

AltLamasticot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... long thread and sadly fps limiting didn't help.

as you said in original post, your CPU usage is at around 30% while playing. next question is.. what is GPU usage? since if that isn't in high 80's to 90's while playing, something else besides processor or display adapter is slowing stuff down.

for seeing GPU usage i think that msi afterburner had the ability to draw GPU usage graph and i'd suppose most other things can do that too.

if either one is not maxed out, i'm not sure that i can be of much help but some others might know more about it once the cause of slowdown is found.

All right new things to say..

My graphic adapter is my GTX 660M and I forced its usage for skyrim in Nvidia Panel, BUT when playing the game, MSI Afterburner shows no usage of my GPU ( GTX 660M ) and Windows show that approximately 43% of the CPU is used. That's probably why it's lagging so much, but..

Why ? :(

Edit : I've tried playing Just Cause 2 : my GTX660 is used by 47% and my CPU by 50%, with no lag.

Edit 2 : I've got a MSI GE60 0ND, with a Turbo Drive Engine. The CPU goes up to 3.10GHz if needed, and the " Turbo " light turn blue. It's turning blue when I launch Minecraft, Steam, Just Cause 2.. but doesn't with Skyrim.

Edited by AltLamasticot