Skyrim low FPS on my MSI GE60 0ND

AltLamasticot

well... that laptop has both that 660M and intel HD4000 (from what i could find out) and while i'm certain that you have selected to use the 660 with skyrim.. machines might be stubborn. if you can disable that intel thing in bios or somewhere else it might do the trick.

alternately you could check if that intel HD4000 display adapter is used instead (shows some GPU usage while playing skyrim) that'd at least make it a fact.

Edited by psavola

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so im trying to limit my fps with the msi afterburner but it wont work. ive disabled vsync in my nvidia settings too, and set the fps limit to 30 in the msi afterburner settings. I cant get the on screen display to work for the msi afterburner thing either. i have the box checked where it says "on screen display" and everything but it still doesnt show my fps. So i use bandicam to see if my fps is actually being limited to 30 and its not. how can i get this to work?

i dont think so lol. and yeah i am using SKSE, but then randomly when i tried to start skyrim with msi running it would only make that "ding ding" windows sound and not start up. if i tried limiting the fps with dxtory do you think i would get the same results when it comes to the games stableness? and smoothness

Edited by bloodshed714

Ok all I do is:

Start the AB server thinger

Start AB

(make sure these are both run as admin)

Lower right hand of AB screen click settings

On Screen Display tab

Click more

Click the wrench

General tab

Set the fps to 30 there

Click ok on both boxes that are up

Minimize both AB and the server thinger

Play Skyrim

Rinse and repeat

Btw, if before closing AB you save your settings in # 1,2,3,etc, ya can just reload them next time and all done.

Edited by Valkyrie