Skyrim slow processing.

TaiArts

Hi! Greetings!

I come here in search of help, for a problem I've had for a while now... Since the last patch (not the beta one... I mean before Dragonborn DLC), I've been experiencing some... so-to-say, slowdown in the way Skyrims processes some information... sometimes leading to bugs, that, even when they are not annoying, they are very constant and take long times to take off.

Ok, now to explain.

With "slow processing", I mean that it takes really long times to do certain actions... Example: After I kill a foe, and have a Soul Trap enchanment on the weapon or the enemy itself, it can take from 5 seconds, to 10 minutes, to the game realize that the enmy is killed, and that it should give me the soul... This happens as well with dragons, with the bonuses of "well rested" and "rested" (they take long time to appear in the screen, and apply the effects), or when you have to (example) pay someone to take you to somewhere.... Say, from Solstheim to Skyrim...

This affects quests as well... In Solstheim, with the "side quest" of "Trials of Kagrumez", I had to load numerous times the save file, so the gems started the tests.

Ok, a temporal solution that I found, is that, if I pause the game for a short period of time, say... 30 seconds maximum, the scripts run smoothly to load the LAST thing(s) I did... Like... giving me the souls of Soul Trap, or burning the dragon to give me the soul, appliying diseases (if able to, due to Resist Disease), and others.

One last thing, is that every now and then, my character just becomes semi-invisible, you know, like when you put the camera too close of your character. This is the bug I was talking about. What happens to this one? That I don't have any clue of how to remove it... Sometimes, when it has happened before, it just wears off after a while, that can range from minutes, to days.

I've tested removing mods, mods that either I don't use (and luckily, don't corrupt the savefile), that aren't updated to the lastest patchs... etc... but nothing happens.

The first time I started experiencing this bottleneck processing, was during the Quest of Meridia, where she gives you the sword. I was running down the hill, and suddenly many souls started to storage in the inventory, from the kills in the temple. I had installed the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and Unofficial Dawnguard Patch. Both upgraded to the last patch before Dragonborn DLC.

Removing these don't have any effect on this.

So, if anybody can help, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Hi, sorry for taking long.

My character is level 65 or 66, Khajiit.

I don't fast travel (I try not to... making it more immersive), but yeah, I do have some long loading screens loading the world, exiting a place, etc---

If you know the name of this Script cleaner, I will be really grateful

Yeah I had the same problem with some bloated saves. I fixed it by deleting or selling or using everything I had in inventory, chests, my home etc then using the save cleaner.

Heres the save cleaner. Be sure to back up your saves first in case it messes them up! You really need to follow the directions step by step and dont close the dialogue box until it says "finished". http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31724

Heres the script cleaner: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31675

Let us know how they work.

Thank you! I will proceed with it inmediately.

EDIT: Woah! Thank you. The game goes way faster now, the load times dropped considerably, and all effects come in time.
Now, I have to wait for the semi-invisible bug to wear off.
You deserve a Internetz

Edited by TakumiR

• 6 years later...

I'm also having this very same problem. This "mod" DOES work and fixes the problem, but it causes a new one. It resets certain mods of mine, which is a problem for me. For example, I have "Wintersun" which is a worship mod that allows me to worship certain gods or so, and it gives you a choice to choose a race specific god at the start. However, when I deleted "Scripts" with Save Game Script Cleaner, it resets the thing and causes a bug. How do I use it without effecting my mods?

• 11 months later...
I too had this issue. Its fixed thanks to this thread. Thankyou guys. I thought it was some mods causing the issue, i disabled them and kept trying. Quest complete/item added/dragon slayed/soul collected/shout learning... All takes atleast 5mins before activation. Save Game Cleaner fixed everything. Almost everything, dragonborn dlc is still buggy of sorts. Thankyou guys for the help.