9 Lives

sunici

I know it would be a lot of work for graphics, but I'd love to see a house cat companion. Damage would be minimal, but it'd have very high perception and would be marked essential (since they have 9 lives...or 18 half-lives as the joke goes). Commands? None, really. It follows you around, but does whatever it wants. Good kitty: purrrrr. Bad kitty: hissss.

Actually, I believe this would be more manageable than you'd think. Someone more talented than myself could start with Dogmeat as the base, alter his scale to house-cat size (0.45 maybe?), and then remesh/texture him. Tah-dah! Catmeat.

The hardest part would be the texturing since fallout doesn't come with a default Cat texture. They'd have to either tweak the shape of dogmeat's texture or create an all new one. Both would be doable with a healthy margin for error though since fur should help hide imperfections with texture-wrapping.

Another thing that would be neat about this method is that it could take commands and even follow you and attack, just like dogmeat. If your plan was to just keep it at home though, dogmeat's idle process is to just stand where you leave him. If someone got it far enough along to get "Catmeat" made though, the next step would then be to create some at-home ('wait here') idle animations.

I think there was a cat mod for oblivion right here on Nxus, I'm surprised no-one has translated that already. I would do it myself, if I had any and all of the following: time, skill, patience, Not-a-lazy-ass... :whistling:

Here it is:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5276

That would be great, esp when you consider rats were THE iconic enemy of fallout. Infact they are the first foe of the whole damned series.

• 1 year later...
Myself, I am looking for Rats, not the molerat variety but honest to goodness rats. We've always been told that the prime survivors of a nuclear exchange will be rats and roaches, and we got roaches. I have absolutely NO modding skills (even simple GECK uses kick my butt) but I would love to see this.

Myself, I am looking for Rats, not the molerat variety but honest to goodness rats. We've always been told that the prime survivors of a nuclear exchange will be rats and roaches, and we got roaches. I have absolutely NO modding skills (even simple GECK uses kick my butt) but I would love to see this.

I second this request, I'd rather have rats then cats. Well, maybe mutated rats and cats. Would really add immersion if you see them running around in dark areas.

Funnily enough, I'd like cat's.

Cat's are easily as lethal as dogs, if not more so, as they work with 4 sets of switchblades compared to a single mouth full of rather bluntish teeth that rely on compression to cause injury. As a companion they'd be cool.

Anyone lacking a warped sense of humour should ignore the rest of this post & move on ;)

However the real killer method would be to equip them as weapons in a manner similar to a grenade; yank the tail to arm; then throw at the opponant's face. This would rate the damage effect of a mini-nuke, and if the cat could be animated to leap from face to face in a small radius it would reflect the probable rl consequences.

I know nothing about programming a mod, unfortunately, and I am not inclined to test my rl hypothesis on my cat. But it sounds feasible.

Funnily enough, I'd like cat's.

Cat's are easily as lethal as dogs, if not more so, as they work with 4 sets of switchblades compared to a single mouth full of rather bluntish teeth that rely on compression to cause injury. As a companion they'd be cool.

Anyone lacking a warped sense of humour should ignore the rest of this post & move on ;)

However the real killer method would be to equip them as weapons in a manner similar to a grenade; yank the tail to arm; then throw at the opponant's face. This would rate the damage effect of a mini-nuke, and if the cat could be animated to leap from face to face in a small radius it would reflect the probable rl consequences.

I know nothing about programming a mod, unfortunately, and I am not inclined to test my rl hypothesis on my cat. But it sounds feasible.

http://avatarfarm.com/avatarimages/cats/pewpewcatgunavatar.gif

lolwut?