Sentry Bot in Gunrunners.

wfandrews

Man! I am having problems with this game.Finally got it running smoothly and got to New Vegas made my way to Gunrunners and there was a hostile Mr. Gutsy in the shop. I could click on the Gunrunners clerk, or whatever you call it, but it just said that they were closed due to unforeseen problems and come back later.

I went back to a save before I entered that cell and tried again but this time there was a Sentry Bot in there. I have a fairly good idea what mod is causing this but do not know for sure. The problem is that uninstalling any mod that would be causing this, and I am pretty sure it is a mod, means I would have to start a new game, again.

If anybody has an idea for a quick fix I would be grateful, otherwise I will just play without using the Gunrunners shop.

Are you inside the "kiosk" when you click on the clerk? That will make them hostile as you are "trespassing". You should always transact your business through the glass front from outside of the kiosk.

It depends upon the mod. If you have started (but not completed) any of it's quests, then removing it will leave those scripts still running to cause problems. Same applies if you have any of it's "unique" reward items. (You can sell them off safely.) There are other potentially "hidden" things that may be going on, which is why starting over is the best advice.

But ... once you have identified a "save game" from prior to your first interaction with that mod so you can revert to it if necessary, try following the 'Clean Saves' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Not guaranteed to avoid problems, but your best bet.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

I am outside the kiosk when I click on the clerk.

I believe the mod is, "A World of Pain-Revisions" which makes changes to the amount and types of NPCs as soon as you step out into Goodsprings, so that is your first interaction with that mod.

I will just have to get along without the Gunrunners shop. I have "Weapon Mod Vending Machine" which makes playing without the Gunrunners shop easier.

Thank you for your reply.

Bill