Missing Items after TES5Edit Cleaning

Odinsson

Hi,

I'm having trouble with some items. The Staff of Magnus is missing after I cleaned some files with the TES5Edit (strikly after guidance). I'm doing the quest for the College of Winterhold and I couldn't loot the Staff after killing Morokei. So I tried the console command "help Magnus" and there is a selection of enchantments but no staff.

I havn't had these problems before, I guess they're just after the cleaning (and I'm repetetive: I just cleaned it after guidance).

What shall I do now?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: so I tried adding the Staff by mod but it's still not in the game. That's very odd.

Odinsson

Edited by Odinsson

hmm, sounds like either you have completely removed the staff from all of your mods, or one of your mods renames the staff and removes the references to it from the game.

my suggestion would be to copy down the formIDs of the magnus enchantments you can see in game.

Once you have done that, load all of your currently active mods into TES5Edit at the same time, and then search for one of the formIDs you noted down.

Once you have found the enchantment, check which records reference it. Hopefully you will see the staff in the listed records.

If you do find it, open up the record to see which mods alter the record, and remove the alterations that are causing the problems.

you will also need to check to see what alterations your mods are making to Morokei, and fix those as well

Open your console and type player.additem 00035369 1

The problem with doing this is that you create a new reference, different from the one the quest alias points to. So the quest might still not work correctly. Also the log will probably pump out "null object" type errors because of the missing reference ID.