FREE CAM while Paused

jamm71

I've been getting some pretty sweet screenshots in FO3, but one thing that really irks me is that you can't use the free-cam mode while the action is paused.

Think of all the amazing screens that could be captured if we could pause the game during a heated battle and THEN set up the camera angle to get the perfect shot!!

I'm thinking a mod that automatically switches to free-cam mode when the pause key is pressed would be awesome....or, just as good, a mod so that the game doesn't UNPAUSE when free-cam mode is entered.

I have no idea how to go about creating such a thing...so I leave it out there for one of you talented folks to ponder.

I'll second this request. I think this is possible, I just don't know exactly how. The good news is that the console is accessible while paused. This means that you can make the menus ('tm' command in console) disappear while paused. I've seen mods that replace the main pause menu background with a new image/texture (for example) Someone could hypothetically just replace the menu screen with an invisible or clear texture. Then the hard part would be to figure out how to allow the free-cam to move while paused. Hopefully it doesn't rely on the time running to calculate its movement data, that could create problems.

Archived