Perks Mod & Other Stuff

lowenp

I don't know if anyone will make them, but I think it'll be very fun:

PERKS:

What Locks?

Desc: One day you wake up and realize the truth - just as Neo had - that there are no locks. Any locks that exist will bend upon will, just as spoons had for the Chosen One.

Reqs.: Lvl20, Repair80, Lockpick80, Luck8, Perception8

Effect: By crouching AND activating a lockpick-able lock at the same time, the lock may be removed w/o the minigame.

Ranks: 1

Notes:

Neural Interface

Desc: When you were young, you used to hack computers to change your grades in school; after all, what else would you do with all that intelligence? Now, after years of wasteland experience, nostalgia has returned and you have begun to take control of computers with your mind.

Reqs.: Lvl20, Repair80, Science80, Luck8, Intelligence8

Effect: By crouching AND activating a hack-able computer at the same time, the pass. may be given w/o the minigame.

Notes:

Chameleon descendant

Desc: One day, as you travel through the wastelands, you meet a highly sophisticated chameleon. He tells you, preceding a major lighsaber duel, that he is indeed your father. Realizing this, you are now able to realign your color pigments (effectively) to the background color.

Reqs.: Lvl20, Science80, Sneak80, Perception8, Intelligence8, Agility8

Effect: By crouching, NOT WHILE standing, the PC will be cloaked in near-total invisibility (say... ~90% or ~80%).

Notes: YES, the three SPECIAL stats at 8. Which means most players will have to go through several other perks to get this one.

Streamlined body

Desc: Fins, gills, and scales have appeared on your body. You grew the legs of a kangaroo and the wings of a penguin. However cool this may be, you begin to freak out. Then you awake from your horrible dream, realizing that you are, other than being completely normal, capable of travelling like the aforementioned creatures.

Reqs.: Lvl 16, Sneak50, Agility8

Effect: For every rank, jump heights are increased by 50% and speed by 75%. At the first rank, you can breathe underwater.

Ranks: 3

Notes: To get all 3 ranks, you'll have to sacrifice a lvl20 perk.

Somebody Else's Problem

Desc: One day, after practising your charisma, you realize that nothing is your problem. Everything is SOMEONE ELSE'S problem. Your problems and their problems are completely irrelevant. Immediately, you grow aware of a Somebody Else's Problem field generating around you; a strange feeling, to be sure. Now, you are only just somebody else's problem.

Reqs.: Lvl20, Science100, Sneak100, Speech80, Unarmed100, Charisma10, Intelligence10, Agility9

Effect: You are ignored by all enemies as long as you are not holding a weapon out (stash weapons away in your inventory)

Notes: Yes, an overpowered perk with extremely ridiculous stats required. ONLY possible with a combination of other perks.

Nerdy Loner

Desc: Being the nerdy loner you are, you have made friends with robots over real people. As such, you can now turn robots into allies by either approaching an enemy robot or approaching a recently destroyed robot by whispering into their synthetic ears.

Reqs.: Lvl20, Science100, Repair100, Intelligence10, Explosives100

Effect: You can convert robots to your cause, as much as you want, either using live robots or "dead" robots, as long as you can get close enough to the robot.

Notes: Overpowered, maybe, but still funny. In any case, still a difficult task, because the PC would have to sneak up to the enemy in order to convert.

Obama-Nation

Desc: Working alongside Barack Obama, you have learned a few tricks. Including, of course, convincing people to help your ass. Now, by approaching a live creature, you can whisper into its ears, "Yes We Can!", and get it to become your buddy (and future voter).

Reqs.: Lvl20, Charisma10, Agility8, Speech100, Barter100, Unarmed80, Sneak80

Effect: Same as the perk above, but for LIVE creatures.

Notes: Maybe overpowered, but LOOK AT THE REQS! In any case, still a difficult task, because the PC would have to sneak up to the enemy in order to convert.

Not afraid of the grave

Desc: When you were young, you were extremely afraid of the graveyard. However, you realize that there's nothing to fear but the power of the graveyard, and you have lost that fear, for you have claimed that power. Now you may convert a DEAD body to your cause.

Reqs.: Lvl20, Charisma10, Perception10, Intelligence10, Sneak100

Effect: Save as the perk above, but for DEAD creatures.

Notes: Pretty difficult to make, I guess.

Mysterious buddy

Desc: The mysterious stranger reveals himself. For longer periods. Now.

Reqs.: The Mysterious Stranger Perk, Charisma10, Perception10, Luck10 Small Guns100, Unarmed100, Speech100, Sneak100, Science100

Effect: By sneaking AND stashing away your weapons, you may summon a mysterious buddy to be nearby. The buddy will act like a companion, but he will disappear as soon as you stand ONLY. He only has a magnum, but never misses and hits one shot kills.

Notes: Overpowered, so the requirements are ridiculous. I'm not even sure they can be met without other mods or cheats.

So, how 'bout that?

I can't make these myself, so I'm wondering if anyone else can. I'll probably learn myself soon enough, but maybe not TOO soon, if you get what I mean.

Archived