Better cities whiterun - removed CTDing do to master issues?

ArtMurder

Alright, I'm really confused by this, I removed Better Cities Whiterun to replace it with 7k Whiterun. But now, my game CTDs after the bethesda Logo, and tes5edit reports this file as a missing master, yet I have no other relevant mods, and nothing that ever had this mod as a master.... I have the Better Cities Windhelm, but I don't see why THAT would have a totally different city as a master, and if so, I'm going to be bummed out, because the windhelm one is actually decent, and the better cities white run is very sub-par.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

missing master = auto CTD.

check the master list of the missing master plugin and install the proper mod accordingly.

EDIT: left.

Edited by Supertron

missing master = auto CTD.

check the master list of the missing master plugin and install the proper mod accordingly.

EDIT: left.

Um, you didn't read my post itself I assume? I know that, it's very basic modding logic. Thus "CTD DO TO MISSING MASTER" being in my thread title.

I'm saying, I'm getting a CTD because I removed better cities whiterun, and my game is acted like it's a master file to another file, when it's NOT a master file to anything, it only effects itself, does not rely on other mods, or have other mods that rely on it, removing it should simply remove it, there is no mod with it as a master, and no mod dependent on it in any way shape or form. Yet, TES5EDIT says it's a 'missing master' and I am getting instant CTDs from it, and I am not about to reinstall a mod I dislike because it has an imaginary dependency.

there is no mod with it as a master, and no mod dependent on it in any way shape or form. Yet, TES5EDIT says it's a 'missing master' and I am getting instant CTDs from it,

A plugin with a 'missing master' means your load order is missing another plugin that is a 'master' to the file with a 'missing master', not the other way around (that it's a 'master' to another plugin, which would not generate that error message).

Edited by ripple

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm the author of the Windhelm portion of the mod and I can attest that the only required file is Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. This is a really odd issue and I'm sorry our mod is giving your problems; have you tried using only one or the other city? Whiterun doesn't need Windhelm to run, or vice versa, so maybe that could help you figure out where the problem was.

Let me know if you figure it out, and if not, I'll try to help. Again, apologies.