Annoying Pip-Boy Bug

gmg2dave

I am experiencing a problem where the Pip-Boy is not allowing me to scroll down all the way when reading an entry in the Misc. section off the Pip-boy when reading messages or notes you find. The bottom couple of lines cannot be read, and the ability to scroll down far enough to read the entire text is not working? I believe it might have something to do with screen resolution, as my Pip-Boy also appears to be slightly lower than normal, but I honestly am not sure.

Again, not a game breaking bug, just an annoying one that makes a few lines of text unable to be viewed, but one I would still like to fix.

Sounds like you have installed a mod that changes fonts or the "User Interface" directly.

"User Interface (UI)" problems indicate you have changed XML files. This is often caused by an "install order" problem with more than one mod replacing or editing the same XML file. Please see the wiki "HUD-UI-Menu issues" article. (This takes some interpretation as applies to your situation. There are too many permutations for an "if A then B" type of guide. If you haven't encountered XML files before then the "TL;DR" section is not going to help by itself.)

"Disabling" mods is not enough to restore things to "vanilla" if they overwrote any files. UI mods definitely do this, and can make "edits" to other existing XML files. You have to "verify local files" to restore the originals, and still may need to delete the "loose files" so those vanilla versions get used from the BSA files. Then correct the sequence in which you install those UI affecting mods. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' entry of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

-Dubious-