Question for modders.

promoonly

The launcher background should be a graphics file somewhere, if my memory serves me right.

But the title screen is actually a video sequence rather, so making a new Bink movie for this is the way to go.

At least the last one I've seen done already in the past. But I could also be totally mistaken now, after years of inactivity. I got no access to my gaming drive, so there's no way I could go check the details right now.

I've been working on deciphering the menu system myself, while I'm by no means an expert, I'll share what I've figured out.

For the most part, the game's menus are handled as .xml files, which are in the "Oblivion - Misc.bsa". In the case of the title screen, the buttons are configured in "menus\options\main_menu.xml", which also handles the main options menu in game. The moving background is provided via playing "Oblivion iv logo.bik" followed by "Map loop.bik" which are both in the "Data\Video" folder.

While most mods that I've examined which retain the use of videos for this menu have simply overwritten these videos, you can actually call different videos or disable them by editing the following lines in the Oblivion.ini file.

SCreditsMenuMovie=CreditsMenu.bik

SMainMenuMovie=Map loop.bik

SMainMenuMovieIntro=Oblivion iv logo.bik

SIntroSequence=bethesda softworks HD720p.bik,2k games.bik,game studios.bik,Oblivion Legal.bik

Should you chose to disable and go with a static background, the menu will use the standard in-game loading screen background and loading Icon textures (loading_background.dds, loading_symbol.dds & tes_oblivion_logo_bink.dds) located in "Textures\menus\loading".

I have not been able to locate any background image or file of text strings that include those of the launcher's menu. As the link to "http://elderscrolls.com" is hard coded into the launcher, I suspect the rest is, as well. Unless I'm mistaken and just haven't located the right files yet, it is unlikely you will be able to change that one.

Edited by KenJackson