Can't Save in 1 Cell

NexBeth

So, I published a house mod recently and it seems to have a bug I can't figure out. For some reason, if you save in the interior cell of the main house, the save is corrupted and can no longer be used. If you try to load the save, the game CTD from the main menu.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Be sure that your cells don't have "Underscore" ( _ ) in their 'Cell's Name'.

Save files with underscore will get corrupted in SSE / not recognized by the game engine.

Edited by maxarturo

@ leonardo2.

Yeap. But still there is a console command (i think) that you can use to load that save but i do not remember right now the way to do it.

Edited by maxarturo

I don't really see anything that stands out in the logs. Also, no underscore in the name. All letters. It is pretty weird and has got me stumped. Considering it's skyrim, though, there should be no surprises when weird stuff happens. :ermm:

I have a lot of custom assets, so I tested the cell without the custom textures, and still have the problem.

Do a little experiment / bug hunt:

- Duplicate your cell and start deleting group of objects, save the esp, go in game make a save and load it, repeat the process until eventually you will come across the culprit.

- Don't use a save file that has seen your mod, but 'COC' to a cell near it and use a 'Load Door' to your malfunctioning cell, then make a save and load, repeat everytime.

I hope you find the culprit, and when you do... throw it in jail !!.