Problems and solution ideas!

nbcaznmaster

#1 PROBLEM: Well, i love having infnite companions but it is EXTEREMELY boring when the mobs die so quickly.

SOLUTION: There are plenty of mods to make the mobs 'TOUGHER' but i dont see any mods where there are MORE of them. Instead of just having one supermutant patroling, how bout 6? That makes the game tougher too.

#2 PROBLEM I hate it when companions "SENSE" enemies near and wander off towards the enemies (when ur going the opposite direction). Not only that, this causes a CHAIN rection. OH they see one enemy, run and kill it, and they see another. And eventually, they all run off killing every single mob in the game when ur just trying to get away and ur running around the building trying to find them.

SOLUTION: Finding them is the real problem which is annoying. What they should do..is make it so that when they are a certain distance from u they "teleport" next to you so that u'll never have a companion lost or stuck. Theres a console command (player.placeatme) but i think it creates a "clone" so its not the same.

#3 PROBLEM: There seems to be no STRATEGY in killing monsters. Most strategy there is is maybe crippling limbs. I would love to fight BOSS monsters with some required strategy.

SOLUTION: Create bosses where u require strategy to win. Heres some ideas.

a) Robot boss? Maybe have a "BOSS ROBOT" with "MINION ROBOTS" the issue is, the boss robot with extremely high DR (so high, hes like hes imune to all attacks). The only way to kill him is to kill his minions which would lower his DR. More minions killed, more dmg u can inflict on boss.

b)Maybe u can have a boss which only takes radiation dmg? and the only way to kill him is lure him to a car, and u shoot the car, causing radiation dmg to boss. U'll repeat the proccess till hes dead.

c)Maybe have a boss that does a huge nuclear explosion and the only way to not take dmg, is to hide in a building? Maybe give this boss a weapon with insane reload time, and the players will have to pay attention to when he finishes reloading or have some sort of indicator.

d)Maybe have quests with timers? For example....you have to save a civilian before they are killed. U have like "X" minutes to save these civilians. THe more u save, the better items u get. Stuff like that.

PROBLEM: No mutltiplayer?

SOLUTIO: co-op mode? or something like that ( i know im shooting for starss)

PROBLEM: Fawkes and RL3 is ugly

SOLUTION: Get fawke wearable gear, and change RL3 to a sentry bot!

I dunno how many of my ideas CAN be done with GECK. I'm not exactly familiar with GECK and wat it can do. Old fashion mods without geck are just as good too.

I would love a co-op mode for fallout, that would rock! Possible though, i don't know.

As for the rest,

#1. Check out: Martigen's Mutant Mod-Increased Spawns, it does exactly what you're asking. It keeps the enemies the same strength, but increases the possible numbers that spawn at each placement point to either 2x 3x 4x or 5x depending on a combination of which file you use and a luck roll. I use it and love when I see 20 ghouls in a subway instead of 4 or 5.

#2. Check out, hmm can't seem to find it anymore, there used to be a mod that specifically changed the proximity by which followers followed you. This solved many problems with them getting 'distracted' and running away from me. In my search though I found multiple mods that are companion overhauls that tweak many settings of the companions, many of which target that very problem. They use different approaches too, just search for "follow" and you'll get a nice list of about 15 companion mods. (*update* I just found the one I was thinking of: KTs_SpeedSquad)

#3. There are boss mods (-D6- Wasteland Boss Pack, Boss Monster Addon ) I haven't tried either of them yet, but I doubt either of them utilize the type of strategy-combat you're wanting. Nonetheless they're a start and look like fun.

#5. For new Fawkes's : Search Results for 'Fawkes'

For Rl-3 you can use this to make him into any robot you want: RL-3 Personality Chip

Have fun. Hopefully someone will create Multiplayer of co-op eventually too. :thumbsup:

Ya, the boss mods dont give you the strategy that you want. BUt thanks for the other mods, especially for the RL3 Chip. I saw one to change RL3 to that radio bot, but its not the same. I've been looking for a mod like that since forever. LOL, if u combine the boss mod with the mutiple spawn mod, would u encounter 4 of them bosses instead of just one?

Ya, the boss mods dont give you the strategy that you want. BUt thanks for the other mods, especially for the RL3 Chip. I saw one to change RL3 to that radio bot, but its not the same. I've been looking for a mod like that since forever. LOL, if u combine the boss mod with the mutiple spawn mod, would u encounter 4 of them bosses instead of just one?

depends on. If the Bossmonster Mod use vanilla monster spawns, then yup, it's possible. If the Boss Monsters have their own script-based spawning points then its rather unlikely. correct me if i'm wrong...

Archived