Frame Rate Drop after sitting in Container Menus or Pipboy.

So I have had this very strange problem that occurs--at random it appears--when I sit in a container menu or pipboy menu for some time and then resume game. When I close the container or pipboy menu, I experience a drop in frame rate. If I fiddle with my pipboy, i.e. open and close it several times and sit in it for a bit, the problem will often go away...that is the frame rate will return to normal.

I have installed and uninstalled all the major pipboy mods to see if they would have any effect; they did not. The problem persists.

What is even stranger about the issue is that as I progress through the game, the problem occurs more frequently. And eventually my framerate never returns.

I have a very powerful rig, and I have a small mod list that includes PN, NVEC-COMPLETE+NVCE, NVInteriors Combo Edition, and NVRedesigned. I was using Gopher's hud mods, but have since disabled them and started a new game in hopes of isolating the issue. I do use ENB overlays, however the problem occurs reguardless of whether or not they are enabled. Perhaps even the DLL just being in the New Vegas folder creates an issue?

Any advice?

If ENB has a DLL still in the install directory then yeah it still has an effect. I think it is unwise of you to choose to stop using uHUD, maybe not so much oHUD or others but if you stopped using uHUD then you will only have more troubles if you install any mods that alter the HUD/menu xml files (at least any that uHUD supports.

I'd like you to post an LO please. As for ENB and uHUD, well ENB can give you graphic oddities and weird FPS drops if you still have the dll files as you said, especially d3d9.dll. As for uHUD, well if there was a problem with your HUD install then the game would crash or hang at startup.

Can't really think of anything off the top of my head atm (5.30am where I am, nearly falling asleep here lol). Post an LO and some more info about any alterations you have made to the pipboy and/or menus.

ESM load order:

FalloutNV.esm

Deadmoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonessomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

Caliber.esm

CaliberXhonesthearts.esm

CaliberXgunrunners.esm

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm

NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm

NVInteriors_Core.esm

NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipement.esm

Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm

Select Fire.esm

iHud.esm

oHud.esm

DWCNV.esm

New Vegas Redesigned II.esm

ESP's marked as Masters:

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - cyberware.esp

ESP load order:

CASM.esp

Readius_NV.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Ham-SixHands.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp

Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp

Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

1nivVSLArmors.esp

1nivPNSLPatch.esp

Millenia Weapons.esp (merge made with FONV Plugin Utility of Millenia's weapon mods)

SwapShoulderView.esp

Zan_AutoPurge_SmartArgo_NV.esp

*1nivDWSLPatch.esp

Joes NCR replacer.esp (merge made with FONV Plugin Utility of all Joe's esp's)

Ahzteks Weapon Overhaul.esp

bzArmour.esp

*NVR - Recommended.esp

New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp

NVEC patch.esp (merged patch made with FONV Pluging Utility of Project Nevada COMBO patch & New Vegas Redesigned patches for NVEC)

dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp

Vurt's WFO.esp

Traduccion Mejorada DLAN + Fix DLC.esp (I play Fallout NV in Spanish, this is a reworking of the Spanish translation of the basic game and its DLC)

Nevada Skies.esp

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition - No Lucky38.esp

ILO - NVInteiors Project.esp

*Bashed Patch,0.esp

*mods currently deactived and merged into one via wyre bash.

The above is my latest load order, on my current playthrough. I am using the House ENB for Nevada Skies. I am not very far into the game, but I have noticed the same issues; however, when I deactivate the enb the issue leaves. It is still seemingly triggered at random via sitting too long in container or pipboy menu screens. And I can usually reactive the enb when I load the next cell or area with no further issues. At this point, I believe it is an issue with the DLL file of the enb; the 1.50 series. I might post about my issues on the Boris's forums.

Edit: If I switch to first-person before opening any menu or container, often the problem is not encountered. Seems to be an issue with switching to first-person from third-person view when opening the pipboy or containers.