Wheres the Rain The atmosphere ?

blazeftp

well i am a big fan of the series STALKER before fallout it was the closest thing to oblivion with guns.

fallout is a great game and many mods are improving it but the game lacks one thing and thats atmosphere ! this is due to lack of wheather and effects like fogs mists . your telling me nuclear bombs destroy most of the world and the wheather disapears ! [when have you seen rain in the game]

also in stalker had terrific wheather system that made the game feel so much more that just an rpg

the fogs the mist the stormy wheather the heavy rain the ambient noise in the background made the feel so much more real

fallout however ....well there is no wheather ....yeah some clowds then night then clowds then night ....same sh*t day in day out ? realistic . No

i think just adding rain some stormy wheather will give fallout that its more than a game feel and improve it more

Theres a weather mod you can download that (I think) is bieng worked on still, it contains fog, overcast, clear, stark etc... weather that happens realisticly throughout the game. However I would like to see rain, storms, strong wind etc, in the future too.

And correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the game take place 200 years after the actual holocaust? If so then yeah, all that radiation would probably still be there but the yellow mist? no weather? jeez, if the nuclear weapons where that powerful then its amazing there is anything left at all!

So yeah, hope they work in some rain and such soon, I would really love to have a storm or two as well.

there was an OB mod with custom rain called "Natural Enviroments".

that contained Non-vannilla .nif files for rain, but as hard as i've tried i cannot get them to open in max and re-save under F3 settings.

so yeh, if anyone wants to port custom rain to F3 that'd be a good starting point

if this ever gets implemented i think that u should add radiation affects to the rain as well like acid rain or radiation in the water drops since all the water in the game is highly radiated. you could make it so that if your out in the rain you gain radiation at 1 rad/s depending on your armor and rad resistance the longer your in the rain the higher the rad count would go i.e. in the rain for 30mins in game and the rads increase by 1 rad/s. it would really give more use for the X-Rad. OR you could use the clouds to help filter out the radiation and clean water falls then add the refillable bottle mod to get purified water from the rain or something to that effect make a rain trap that u could set up to catch the rain b4 it hits the ground and gets re radiated..

Archived