SKSE Won't Work

toxicToxophilite

Well, everyone always claims "I installed SKSE correctly" - while in fact they haven't. Unfortunately it's impossible to say what exactly went wrong in your setup.

- First of all, make sure you followed the installation instructions in the readme, that comes with SKSE, to the letter.

- Make sure Steam is running, then start the game with skse64_loader.exe.

- Don't install Skyrim in c:/program files (x86). This folder is treated almost like a systen folder by Windows - resulting in "access denied" issues. Games should always be installed outside this folder.

- If you update SKSE, make sure to remove older "version specific" files: SKSE has a .dll file that corresponds to the version of the game. For the current version, it's called "skse64_1_5_97.dll". Check if you have multiple files with a name like this in your Skyrim SE folder. If so, delete them manually. Only keep "skse64_1_5_97.dll". Files like this for previous versions of the game will prevent SKSE from running correctly.

- Make sure other mods dependent on SKSE are updated to the latest version: E.g. Racemenu, additemmenu, SSE engine fixes....

I think the OP doesn't have a correct shortcut (I mean the path for launching SSE with SKSE64) for SKSE64 and without a correct shortcut hence the "SKSE64 is not running" error.

The path I have is...

"G:\Bethesda Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe"

...as path for SSE with SKSE64.