M41A Pulse Rifle

hopecandecieve

Why in GODS NAME hasnt anyone tried to make the M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens yet? If I knew how to model I would have done it long ago lol. If anyone is interested in it, I am pretty good with making textures, so I'd love to collaborate this project with someone. :biggrin:

In general modders prefer to make stuff that exists in the real world or make stuff up themselves. Crossover mods from other franchises don't get as much attention since it seems odd to run into item x from franchise y that has nothing to do with fallout chilling in vault z. Players are less likely to download it therefore modders are less likely to make it.

Impossible?

No.

Bad request?

Not by a long shot.

Less likely to be made?

Yes.

It's a general "fits fallout universe" prejudice. No one admits to liking it but unfortunately that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

thats a damn shame... that is the most wicked fictional gun ever created and everyone knows it wether they want to admit it or not. If I could just find someone who knows meshing then I could handle the textures. And it actually fits the game perfectly, Weiland-Yutani was coming into its lime light right around the time the nuclear war began in the fallout world. So it could be involving a backstory that the weapon was developed before the war began.

I'm pretty sure someone made a tommy gun mod posted on Nexus... it can be modeled around that. A thompson was the gun it was modeled after in the real world anyway, so i think the tommy gun mesh will be the best one to work around as opposed to starting from scratch.

Archived