Game crashes at start at Bethesda softworks splash screen

Deltoran0

And the only way i can get it work is by re-installing the game every time, and have to do this every day if i want to play

This did not use to be a problem, when i had all the exact same mods as i currently do,

The problem started about 2 months ago

I seem to able to get the game to play with all the mods, but once i turn off my computer then come back and start the game it crashes

i am using the following mods aswell as all DLC

NVSE

Sprint Mod

Toggle carry wieght hat

Wave Radio

Thanks for any help!

Could possibly be Archive Invalidation resetting (as in your INI files reset at startup) for whatever reason, could be an incorrectly installed HUD, or a missing master. It's hard to say when you say that it works up until you restart the computer, I'm leaning towards the first thing I said as that does tend to happen, mind you rarely. Double check everything, that's about all I can suggest at this point.

I also have an insta-crash problem that can be summed up in the following steps:

>Turned in AKs, ammo, and associated mods in preperation for upgrade of AR15s and AKs from 3.0 to 4.0

>Delete 3.0, clean saved

>Install 4.0 and patch, clean saved again

>While in FOMM, interface lagged and led to accidental unchecking of 5 mods. Re-checked the mods.

>Crash on startup

This would be a LOT easier to diagnose if there was a log that showed what esm or esp is causing FONV to choke.

I even went as far as cycling Archive Invalidation and un-checking read only from the FONV folders. Still crashed.

Up until yesterday, for an entire month, I had a similar insta-crash on startup that I eventually found was caused by the presence of the folllowing lines in my fallout.ini

SMainMenuMovieIntro=
SIntroSequence=
sIntroMovie=Fallout INTRO Vsk.bik

Removed the lines, removed that movie and it worked. Now that I'm insta-crashing AGAIN, I can't play that card anymore.

Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Lings.esm
Shojo Race Vegas.esm
CWDolls.esm
NosCo Companion System.esm
NCCS Nos' Premade Companions.esm
NOS Shiori Kirizaki Shojo Companion.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
SexoutStore.esm
Herculine's Shojo Companions.esm
nccsbrookecompanionnvtype3.esm
Tactical Squad.esm
EZ_CompanionNVSE.esm
NVR - Extra Actions Lib.esm
jokristinascloset.esm
UWHNV-Core.esm
RHKGilbertCompanion.esm
Caliber.esm
CaliberXgunrunners.esm
CaliberXhonesthearts.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
Selective Fire.esm
JIP Selective-Fire.esm
Lone Gunman's Tools of Trade.esm
CWDolls - VoiceFemaleChild.esm
CWDollsVanillaRaceChange.esm
CWDolls.esp
CWDollsNVFix.esp
CWClothes - FONVHeadgearForCWDolls.esp
Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
outsidebets.esp
KDC_Companions_Removable_Armors.esp
AsukaCreeperGrenade.esp
Pacersgambit.esp
AG Weapon Reload SFX.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
athornysituation.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
betsybrahminFSO.esp
jokriss.esp
FSOmusic.esp
kochandbohr.esp
Kick in the Head.esp
MojaveDelight.esp
SexoutASB.esp
SexoutBrutalRapers.esp
SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
SexoutConsequences.esp
SexoutDiscounts.esp
SexoutDocMitchel.esp
SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
SexoutHookupsAlt.esp
SexoutHowAbout.esp
SexoutLust.esp
SexoutRapist.esp
SexoutRapeGame.esp
Readius_NV.esp
SexoutSex.esp
SexoutSexkey.esp
SexoutSS_C.esp
SexoutStraponSex.esp
SexoutTrade.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutXPM.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
AsukaGothic.esp
AsukaArmorMkiV.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
RCP RenaElves.esp
RCP RenaElves - Marina.esp
G36CV2.0.esp
Cetme LC 2 Assault Rifle.esp
rwknv.esp
NVR - Extra Actions Toggle - Crouch.esp
NVR - Lock Kicking.esp
NVR - Lock Bombing.esp
NVWillow.esp
SexoutWillow.esp
FlashlightNVSE.esp
Asuka_DS.esp
BabyDoll.esp
UWHNV-Addon-DLC.esp
UWHNV-Addon-FollowerHome.esp
UWHNV-Addon-GRA.esp
RHKGilbertCompanion-MojaveDelight.esp
Medicine Gun George.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
TheInheritance.esp
WorkingCapPress.esp
Selective Fire - Project Nevada.esp
M39EMR.esp
XM8Finalized.esp
DeadMoneyEquipmentFixes.esp
AK_AR15WP.esp
VeronicaFix.esp
Mininuke Minigun.esp
Brotherhood and House Alliance.esp
DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL_NV.esp
Tess.esp
Radar.esp
AsukaDollHouse.esp
Honest Hearts - Grunt Fix.esp
CC Perk Fix - ALL DLC + GRA.esp
CC Perk Fix - Certified Tech Fix.esp
CAWS.esp
VSS_Vintorez.esp
CWPrettyThingsCEZ - Cass.esp
CWPrettyThingsCEZ - Vernonica.esp
CWPrettyThings - Sunny.esp
CWPrettyThings - DoctorUsanagi.esp
UnconsciousLooting.esp
AEK971.esp
PPSh41.esp

Total active plugins: 139
Total plugins: 194

Edited by HashiriyaR32

Well if you aren't using any mods that alter the HUD or you are and you can be certain they are installed properly, then it's a missing master.

If you want to find out what the missing master is load up FNVedit real quick and it will return a fatal error and tell you what master is missing (it will say xx.esp requires xx.esm/esp to be loaded before it). That's the easy way anyway. If there is no missing master then i'd be scared XD.

BTW, what is this mod you're talking about that you upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0? Didn't quite understand what you meant sorry...

This mod

The issue here is that the crashes happened AFTER this mod was sucessfully installed (I had to close FONV shortly after testing because I had to step away for a bit), and I had to re-check the mods that I accidently unchecked due to FOMM user interface lag.

I already checked FNVEdit and it wasn't spewing out a fatal error. It successfully booted up that load order, although unlike what's shown in the manual, it didn't set a resource path. Even before that, I scrutinized the load order to check for missing stuff and found nothing.

I did the same thing last month when I first got the insta-crashes [which as I mentioned wasn't caused by a load order issue, but by something that I had to use this little guide here http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49896 to fix (removal of those lines from the INI)]

Edited by HashiriyaR32

If you're not getting a missing master error in FNVEdit, it's almost certainly a broken or missing menu config file. Try renaming the 'menus' folder in your data folder to something else; see if it boots. If it does, you're in for some fun trawling of XML while you try and figure out just what include is failing hard on you.

<p>It boots.  Wonder if I could just play as is and trawl through the XMLs later.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>EDIT: I could but I lose a lot of functionality.  Trawling it is.  Even after I reinstalled Flashlight, Radar, Selective Fire, WMM, and MCM, and renamed the folder back to menus, it crashes.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>EDIT2: Oh s***.  I decided to uninstall all the mods that I had covered by the unified HUD project and tried starting the game.  It still crashed, so I completely wiped the menus folder...........and it STILL crashed.  I may have just made my installation irrevocably irreparable.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>EDIT3: False alarm.  Reinstalled all those mods and had them unified once more, and now everything works again.</p>

Edited by HashiriyaR32

• 2 weeks later...

It's happening again. I stopped playing for a few days and when i tried to start New Vegas up last night, it crashed on startup once again.

Of note, the telltale sign that the game is going to crash on the splash screen is the game's cursor not appearing during the startup.